How much does a person having problems effect how much you like them?

How mush would a person having problems effect how much someone would like them?

And when I say problems I mean things like depression, anxiety disorder, schizophrenia, social phobia, paranoia, recovering from self-mutilation and an eating disorder.

I've been wondering about this for a while.

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I like a girl who is independent, self-reliant, and is low maintenance. but that's just me.

There are all kinds of people out there who are really good answers to those problems that you've mentioned.

some guys will be like a father, and take care of you, and make sure you're okay, and provide answers for you.

some guys will be like a brother, who love you until they are annoyed with you, and then distance themselves.

There are all kinds of people out there; if you're ever feeling like no one could ever understand you and then love you, just remember that man kind has survived wars, plagues, natural disasters, and so on, and with all of the emotional scar tissue we've still managed to keep on dating, and loving, and marrying each other.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I think that would matter for some people who don't know enough about those disorders or the person dealing with them, but it wouldn't matter to me. No one is perfect, so it's wrong to say that someone who suffers from something like depression is flawed--if we could control things like that, psychological disorders wouldn't exist at all, we would all be happy, confident, and secure all the time.

• I would never feel any different toward a person with those kinds of problems. Its not something you can control so why should I hold that against you or treat you any differently. I have epilepsy and have often wondered the same thing but I've been assured time and time again that nobody likes me any less because of that. If someone does have a problem with a disorder you have no control over then you don't want them as your friend anyway.