Women: how would you interpret this situation using the power of your female brain?

Ex-girlfriend just called out of nowhere, first time in months, to tell me that she broke up with her new boyfriend (and complained about him for 10 min straight), and then she asked if I wanted to go with her to this local club for ladies' night.

Is it wishful thinking on my part that I think she wants to get back together with me, or does that sound like a woman who is lonely after a recent break up and just wants to talk to an old friend (we broke up on good terms)?

Most Helpful Girl

• She needs someone to be with her at this moment. When she's good it's very likely that she will never give a sh*t about you, probably until she breaks up again with someone else. If you go with her you will have to hear about her break up again and again and again. She will be furious, sad, or even crying when she tells you about her now ex-boyfriend. She needs you to listen and agree. Listen and agree. I bet she will not care what sh*t is happening to your life. Right now her mind is filled with herself and the ex so be prepared to listen. So yes it looks like a woman who is lonely after a recent break up and just wants to talk to an old friend but mind you, if you still have feelings for her, you will feel damned used as talking and complaining seem like all she wants from you.

What Girls Said 5

• Truthfully think she is lonely and is not thinking with a clear mind, she seems confused and best you don't meet with her and just stay in contact for both your sakes. Don't hold onto the past because you can't move forward, so carry on with your life like you have been and also don't get back with her just because your lonely.

• She's upset at her recent ex and looking for something friendly and familiar.

I don't think she's looking to get back with you right away. But she called you for a reason - I say go for it without expectations and see what happens.

• She's definately lonely and is clearly looking for attention from a guy. This isn't a bad thing though it could be your opportunity to rekindle things with her. Just know that a girl coming out of a relationship isn't thinking clearly so you might want to wait a while before you start dating her again. She has a lot of emotional baggage right now.

• I completely agree with you. Girl tend to relate everything to their ex's right after a breakup and they feel pretty down a lot. Emotional baggage get's lighter over time, so I think you should start with just being there for her to make her laugh feel needed and understood.

• i would definitely say the second choice my friend, I'm sorry but who knows I could be wrong about her but that's honestly what it sounds like to me...

• I think that your extremely nice for listening to her bitch for 10mins!

You should probably stay away from this girl. Gotta remember she's an ex for a reason!

And you could be the rebound but either way you'll get something

What Guys Said 4

• i know your asking the ladies for advice on this one but hear me out...women love attention, you ended on good terms, she most likely knows you're going to be there for her when she needs to vent...although this is a random call for her telling you this maybe she's realized, hey I was with this new guy, things didn't work out and I realized I loved my old relationship more...maybe this was the deal breaker for her...to fully understand that she wants you, maybe she needed something else to prove this to her - sometimes girls do this...to see if their feelings for you are real..

she wants you to come out because she wants to FEEL that spark again, she wants to be excited and she anticipates you doing the same thing...maybe she wants to see if you're going to react the way she's hoping for, maybe you wont...she probably just wants to catch up - but be careful, don't give in right away, protect yourself - because in the end you want what's best for you and not to get hurt...TAKE THINGS SLOW DONT JUMP THE GUN! it was the turtle who won the race NOT the rabbit...

now I'm just assuming you still haven't lost feelings, if you have and you don't feel the same, maybe make sure she knows you're going as a friend...you don't want to be led on so don't lead her on, feel me?

just take your time, don't assume or over analyze...just take things slow...go with the flow and whatever happens will happen...good luck man!

• I don't really agree...she needs a rebound and she knows you still like her...cuz she clearly broke up with you...and knows that you are going to make her feel good about herself...and that's all she wants...one night with you...then she's OK and back on the prowl for another guy!!! I would say no if I were you...she is NOT crawling back to you after a realization..believeeee mee!!

• It sounds like the relationship "ending on good terms" meant she dumped you. It also sounds like she had a bad breakup and wants to use you like a rebound because she knows you'll be good to her.

If you go to the ladies night, you'll probably sleep together. I wouldn't blame you for taking the highly likely opportunity for sex. But to think she needed some other d*** to be worse to her to "see the light" and fall back in love with you? I don't buy it.

• The guy she just dumped wasn't being an asshole really, he was extremely jealous and acting bipolar and throwing temper tantrums like a baby if she did something he didn't like (according to her). Maybe she just realized that at least I acted like a man when we dated instead of a woman.

• Acting bipolar, being extremely jealous, and throwing temper tantrums ISN'T acting like an asshole?

• Probably the last person you want to have answer your question on this subject, but I have experience on it. She really just wants to avoid being alone for a bit, and wants to spend time with familiarity. Since you broke up on good terms, she's assuming you are up for for it, and that you'll listen to her. She probably wants to forget her ex for a night and half a good time, or perhaps talk with you about her problems or catch up. Maybe both.

Avoid reliving your old feelings, otherwise you might be a rebound guy momentarily.

• she's using you as a rebound, don't fall for it, once she finds another guy she will live you like you didn't exist