How can I tell this guy I really like online that I have a disability?

I was born with ABS(amniotic band syndrome) which means I am missing some fingers and have a scar on my leg. I can do everything somethings may take me a little longer.

Should I tell him before I meet him in case he may not want to meet me then or so it would not be a shock. Or is it better to tell him in person. I'm afraid to wait in case it is a shock or that he would think I was being dishonest.

Please help.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to tell him. A relationship, any relationship is built on honesty, trust and communication. What kind of a relationship would you have without this communication?

He will tell you one way or another. I don't think that you should worry though. It would be his

loss if he doesn't meet you at least. Whether or not anything goes beyond, well that's a

chance in life for everyone. I don't know anything about your condition, but thanks for

sharing what you did and opening our closed up world a little wider. Good Luck!

What Guys Said 5

• Be honest with him, give him no less than you yourself would like from someone that you are interested in. When you talk, chat, IM with him, or however you two communicate talk about it.let him know that you are a little apprehensive about the topic, but that you want things to be out in the open. Explain it to him, if he isn't familiar with ABS and tell him about your disabilities.

Don't hide it like it was some dark secret, if you don't make a big deal out of it, then perhaps he won't either.

• I hate to say this but missing fingers is something a potential date would have a VERY hard time with. Unless you two have a once in a lifetime connection, he will likely be permanently very discouraged when he finds out. If you surprise him with this the first time you meet, he may get extremely angry and violent, or just get pissed off and walk away right then and there and never talk to you again.

If you warn him beforehand, he might not show up. If he show him when he shows up, he'll likely be even more upset by it because he'll feel lied to. Honestly, for the first time in my life, I truly don't know what to say. I.don't know what the right thing to do is.

You'll have to get more feedback, I'm so sorry I can't be of more help.

• Thanks you are all awesome!!!

• I would say, be honest now before you meet him. Tell him. If he doesn't want to meet then that is his problem. If he still wants to meet then it's perfect and take it from there.

• You want him to know about this before you meet him in person. If he doesn't want to continue with the meet after that he wasn't worth it anyway.

• Deff tell him. y? because if you do tell him and he doesn't want to meet you HES NOT WORTH IT IN THE FIRST PLACE =).

What Girls Said 1

• I think it would only be fair that you tell him something like that before you meet him in person.