When guys don't answer?

LADIES! what do you feel when a guy you like is taking too many days to call you (but still calls from time to time) OR when you text him he doesn't return your text/calls (or he takes too long to answer)?

Of course it sucks to wait. But would you agree that like this you would consider him more of a challenge by not being so AVAILABLE all the time?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have to agree with some of these girls. That's too much game play. I don't know old you are. But at my age, I'm done with game play. Either you want to talk to me or you don't. If a guy I was dating or was getting to know only called me every few day. After a week of that I would tell him what was up and if he still continued to do that... then I would just move on. It might be different for other girls. Which I do respect but if you are going to be with an older woman... you need to throw those games out the window. Just MY opinion.

What Girls Said 14

• Sure, it's more of a challenge, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

Here's how I see it: If the guy's really interested in me, he'll call me on his own more often than I would expect him to, and he'll return my contacts pretty quickly. I'm not into playing games, and I don't want to waste my time on somebody who's showing me they're really not that interested.

• I couldn't agree more! I really liked this guy, but after little to no contact made on his own accord, I decided to drop all contact, cut my losses, and move on. I've got to know a guy's interested if I'm going to spend significant amounts of my free time to be with him.

• Not me. Someone who would play games like that isn't for me. Not that I'd dump someone if they were "unavailable" all the time, but it says a lot about how interested they are. From my experience, someone who is genuinely interested will return calls/texts/emails in the same day or within the next day. Someone who isn't doesn't reply, or takes a few days to reply. The most I've waited is three weeks for a text message...what was his excuse? "Sorry, I forgot".

• I HATE IT WHEN A GUY TAKES FOREVER TO TEXT! When theyre with you, the phone is glued to their hands but when you're not together, the phone is invisible. Seriously? I hate it, a girl like that won't stick around waiting forever, I didnt, I just gave up and moved on. A good thing I did..

• i get what you're saying, girls tend to like guys who are hard to get but...if you make yourself so unavailable she would probably lose interest/ get irritated and you just missed out on a chance to move the relationship further. the key is to not overdo it ;)

• NO! I would play the same game for a while then just stop calling him or textin..

If he does'nt call or text back ASAP means his not that interesting, or having a hard time to come up with an answer...

Is not cool at all to ignoring a girl you like!

• girls don't necesarrily like challenges like guys do. most girls would get annoyed by that and think you're not interested and move on. like some other girls said before its okay to do a little but don't overdo it

• Definitely not. If they didn't answer I'd probably get the hint that they weren't interested and move on.

Then if they did answer, I'd probably be short with them until I figured out if they're interested or not.

• I have just experienced waiting three days to hear back from a guy I really like and it sucks waiting that long. If I were this girl you were taking so long to call and text or whatever, then I would think you are just dragging me along for the attention and you have no interest in me at all.

• A guy is doing that to me now if f***ing rude it makes me think your playing games your got other girls on the go or flat out don't care and are grab attention whore getting an ego boost from a URL who likes you and don't care. Rude. It makes a broken hearted and forced to move on cause guys hate desperate clingy girls right? If a guy like a girl I would hope to he'll h would at least text back to show mutual respect and interest.

• I would be thinking ' if he was that into me, he'd be replying my texts almost immediately.' unless he types slow...

• No, I'd probably consider him as someone who is not interested enough, or doesn't care enough to text/call back. I don't think I would want to waste my time on someone like that.

• Yes but the fact is, people tend to want what they can't have and by the person always being there for the other whenever and wherever, then the guy will lose value and the very most likely the girl is going to move on because "this is too easy"

• I agree with kitten44, stranger500 and starbucksaddict. I wouldn't want to waste my time on games like that.

Short term, it may give you some satisfaction. It will annoy the girl, though. In the long run, it actually takes its toll on the girl's heart and she will move on with no second chances. She'll probably dislike you, actually. I don't even think you would treat a friend like that. So why would you treat someone you like even more, like that? It sends the wrong message.

• It could work for the first time, maybe twice, just to get her attention and interest. If you do it constantly she'll move on to the next guy.

• Yeah it'd make him want me more, I'm a sucker for wanting what I can't have!

I'd definately make more effort, play some games, flirt more heavily, but if I didn't see any positive effect quite quickly, would assume he wasn't interested and give up.

• I have a male friend(whom I like) that does this. It makes for a very confusing situation- does he like me or not?

• Makes me think: He's not interested, move on OR he thinks I'm a joke, I should move on.

What Guys Said 0