First day out with a girl - HELP!

OK so this Friday I'm going out with a girl on a proper date for the first time. I need advice on how to make it the best possible, a friend told me to show up with flowers is this OK? any ideas where we should go? I'm not sure how far to go as we haven't really said if its a date specifically I just asked her if she'd like to go out sometime.

Most Helpful Guy

• Flowers? Heck yeah. Pick out a single rose. It will work as well if you are meeting her out someplace.

A movie is not a good idea for a first date. Going out is how we find out about the other person...can't do that in a theatre.

Find a place you are comfortable in. Great atmosphere makes for a great date.

Be yourself. If she looks nice tell her. Be genuine...women have been dealing with players as they grow up and can spot the BS at 30 paces.

If conversation is a problem remember these things

Nothing intense

Open ended questions...nothing a yes or no will answer.

Laughter is always good...but save the dirty jokes for another day.

Be yourself and have fun.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, I think you should bring flowers, that's cute-or even a little mini flower you picked from a garden! the thought counts. I invited both of my friends to meet up & my guy friend brought her a little flower he picked from the garden even though he never has layed eyes on here. Another thing is, be yourself & compliment her. hope it goes well!

• Im kind of confused, I mean if were going out for a while won't she have to carry them for a long time? were just meeting up to hang around I'm still undecided where to take her so any ideas?

• Im just saying like a mini flower from the garden, it still means something you know. My friend & the guy were out for more than 5 hrs & she still held it in her pocket, Go bowling that would be fun & she could put the flower somewhere safe you know? Bowling is a good opportunity for you guys to get to know each other a little bit more & its totally fun!!!!!!

• your friend was rong! bring her flowers we girls like things like that! make sure to be funny,and don't talk to much! compliment her and make sure not to go to far!

What Guys Said 3

• well 1st thing 1st, don't do anything that's to expensive, go out for a meal or go see a movie together, something like that, 2nd flowers will be OK as long as your picking her up, if your meeting at the location then its not such a great idea, 3rd just be yourself, you don't have to make it the best as long as she has a great time with you, as long as she has a really good time you have a 99.99% chance of going on another date with her

• Dude, NO to the flowers! The girl will think you are trying to buy her or win her over just so you can sleep with her.

The first date is to find out how much you two click. Don't be too expensive, don't complain, be confident and maintain eye contact.

My advice on a first date: Go somewhere where you two can talk, like dinner. After dinner, go for a walk in a park or around a shopping center that has a pretty view. While walking reach down and grab her hand. If she complies and things still go well, get her to laugh, twirl her around, and then kiss her.

*doesn't matter where you two eat at. Just don't make it too fancy or too cheap. Have fun most importantly

• in this day and age, you never want to overdo it-- girls get freaked out easily