Meeting people from online IRL?

If you meet someone interesting online and you talk on a regular basis such as skyping, texting, facebook, etc. and decide to meet in person, what's the big deal? People are always saying things like "that's not safe" "never go alone". I view it the same as meeting someone out one night, and going to hang out with them. Maybe that's just me..

Most Helpful Girl

• i met 2 guys online, but I make sure I know them well b4 I go out, one usualyl gets the vibes.. I don't meet them the very next day, I let a couple of weeks pass.. if they are genuine they stillt alk if not who cares!

What Guys Said 2

• I think its fine. You have to be smart and trust your intuition, I know people can deceive you, but you can t be too afraid to live. The internet seems scary because while some crazy sh*t does go down on her, it is just a collection of people, if they're creepy on line they are probably in real life too.

Now past all the scary stuff I think one of the big advantages is that you can skip all the bullsh*t phases.

Anyways good luck and always use your head and you should be good

• Thanks for your input :)

• I think its more unsafe because the person from online knows more about you before you actually meet them, and also that depending on how you keep in contact online they might not actually be who or what they say they are.

Though I tend to agree with you, I think people are a bit more worried about meeting people from online than they should be.

• Yeah, it's pretty easy to tell these days if someone isn't who they say they are. (Well IMO)

What Girls Said 3

• i met my ex boyfriend online too, but it dint work out, well that's a different case,

BUT he was a good guy , absolute gentle man, and I met him like after 3 weeks of chattin online, so I knew what he was like b4 I met him.. and yea, I met him at star bucks, so it was more in the public and safe :D hope this helps

• I MET MY BOYFRIEND THAT WAY. But my best friends were with me . A guy and girl.

• U should be cautious no matter where you meet them. But I've dated plenty of guys I met in person before I met the love of my life by chance online. Go with the flow girl just don't meet up in a dark alley in case he is a weirdy

• Very true and I'll be staying away from the dark alleys ;)