What's your age cut off for dating?

I'm 18 turning 19 soon and I'd consider dating guys ages17-30

What are your opinions on age differences?

How big of a gap is too big?

I don't think age is important in the relationship (obviously legal though) I'm just asking because some people think it's a really big deal.

Most Helpful Guy

• I mostly take it on a case by case basis, though certainly at my age I'm not going to date anyone younger than 18. Most of the girls I've dated have been a few months to a couple of years older than me. I figure at 23, I'm pretty open to women aged 21-25. Still, I'm not really hung up on age and am open to women outside of that range if I feel that there's a connection.

As long as its legal, I wouldn't worry too much about age differences. There's much more important things to consider in a relationship than that.

What Guys Said 5

• Wow that's a pretty big gap in my opinion.

I am 21 and my cutoff is 23, I wouldn't seek out a relationship with 16-18 year olds but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

• Try 18-22. Older guys can take care of you, but you don't want to grow up too fast. Enjoy youth with someone around your age. 30 is a pretty big gap lol

• The general rule of thumb is to take half your age and add 7...although that applies to people 25 and older. I would say if you're 19 then don't date anyone older than 24-25 because anyone older would just be in it to try to control you

• Do you really think every guy over 25 would be in it to try and control me? I'm hoping all men aren't the same not that I'd ever let that happen to myself.

• Yes, they would. Look, I'm sure you're extremely intelligent and also more mature than people your age because why else would you want to date older guys right? So, go ahead an do that. But guys in their late 20's who would be willing to date you would only be in it to try and either control you or use you. No genuine guy that old would date someone that young.

• I'm 21. I'd say 18-22

• up to 10 years, but if you meet someone and it just works with the both of you ...its possible even more

What Girls Said 4

• I used to be big on the age thing until I feel in love with some one 6.5 years older then me. I think age is like race and honestly shouldn't matter its personality that counts

• I'm 21 but I'll be 22 next month so I'd say 22-27. I have this thing about dating guys younger than me

• Any particular reason why you wouldn't date someone younger than you?

• I don't really know it's just always bothered me to be the older one. I can't really explain it but I've always just wanted guys to be older than me even it's a by a week. Just a weird little quirk I guess

• Hmm.. weird

• Im around the same age, I would say 3-4 years for now.

• I'm 22, I'd consider 23-28.