When a guy says he doesn't want to hurt you?

What does it mean when a guy tells a girl that he doesn't want to hurt her?

I mean a guy said this to me and we were just only friends. No dating. no nothing. So why would he say he doesn't want to hurt me? When he can't?

He said it when I asked him if he wanted to hang out sometime or with a group of people. I mean isn't that what friends do :\? I think it was an excuse but what do you guys think?

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he just got the wrong impression. if you genuinely want to be simple friends with him, let him know that.

What Girls Said 1

• It's a cop-out so if something does happen, he gets to fall back on the premise that yall are just friends. Its like a win-win for him. Yall hang out, cool, your just friends. Yall sleep with each other, cool, yall just friends. See where this is going? No attachments, no commitments, because he thinks that you kinda like him and he doesn't want to go there, so he is putting it on the table.