Is it wrong to only want to date your religion?

I mean I'm pretty religious not hardcore religious but it is important to me. However when a girl likes me and I'm always afraid to tell her I don't like you because of religion. So I'm forced to lie because I'm afraid of telling girls I don't like them because of religion. I mean I do like them but I don't want it to continue because I don't want to create anything I know won't last.

Most Helpful Guy

• Really want to feel bad? Wait till the girl goes ripsh*t on you for leading her on, lying to her, and wasting her time.

Speak up, and soon.

What Girls Said 4

• It's hard to be with someone who doesn't share your same beliefs. Religion is important. Try to bring this up casually somehow to hear about what they believe. Don't be affraid to let them know what you believe. (Or don't believe.) I don't think its wrong of you to want to share common views.

• don't not date because your afraid to create something that won't last you'll end up alone, try finding someone who shares your beliefs

• I know that's what I 'm trying to do.

I resist the urge to create relationships I know won't last.

It's hard when they are such awesome girls and I never had a gf

• Azreare you a j.w.?

• If you like some one you should date them don't worry about it not lasting that's what everyone worrys about

• Why shouldn't I worry about it no lasting?

• Because everyone is afraid of it not lasting its like death you have to get over the fear of it you need to date to find out who you want to marry if you don't date you'll end up alone and that's worse then being in a relationship and then having it end

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not religious and have had girls that were really into me back off when I told them that I wasn't religious. I wouldn't think that you wanting to date only within your religion is wrong. It's your personal choice and that in itself is important. Why think that it's wrong if you would like to get involved with someone that shares your beliefs?

• It is not wrong, but who says that they can't convert. Anyway, this is America. You can date anyone you like and not feel guilty about it.

• I don't think it s wrong because I'm in a relationship with someone who is evangelical free and I'm lutheran its caused lots of problems because I can't say I'm as strong as I could be with my religion... but he's read the bible and done bible study and it makes me sad because it seems like its this constant fight.. We ended up leaving our churches and finding a new church of our own which happens to be of his religion. I gave up... I came to the conclusion that if we both believe in the same thing than it doesn't matter where we go. I think a girl would admire you for having such a strong religion.. not many guys that I know of have turned the topic of conversation to religion.