Does dinner alone at a guy's house necessarily mean a date?

This guy has emailed me during the summer after being abroad for a semester and he told me he missed me a lot and that we should have dinner over at his place when we get back to campus.

The thing is that I'm not sure if this is a date and I have no idea what the etiquette is for dinner dates at someone's house...

I'm not even sure if it is a date as we've had dinners alone together numerous times but nothing has happened.

I'd really appreciate feedback from guys as well as girls who might have had a similar experience.

Thanks!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• A guy has invited me to his place for dinner before. It was a date.

It's actually a very inanimate and romantic date- reserved for girls guys really like.

At his place there is no way of escaping , no distractions, no way to hide in the situation.

You will be able to talk and really talk.

You may have had dinners before and it turned out as nothing, but obviously this guy went away and thought about you a lot. Maybe realized he liked you and now that he's back he wants to try something.

Dress cute-make it obvious you put some effort into your appearance.

Good Luck!