Never been kissed!? What's going on here?

It seems that everyone around me has been dating etc. since I can remember. Why not me? I am 16 years old. I have never been kissed which seems to be abnormal in my town, maybe all over? Anyone who is interested in me I am not attracted to. It is not that I have a high standard or anything it's just that I don't want to fake anything or be untrue. I have been told that I am quite attractive(Decide for yourself link even though I am a bit over weight. The guys I tend to attract are older men(because they think I am older) and younger guys( which when you are sixteen means a world of difference in maturity levels) none my age! That I know of at least. Some I think are flirting with me. And I flirt back but nothing more. I am always in the friend zone. Guys always come to me for advice for other girls...It kills me. As for my personality I am down to earth yet bubbly. I like to have fun but I can be deep if you need me to be. I am very loyal. If you are my friend I have your back no question but that doesn't mean I won't call you on your bullsh*t. I make it so that people can respect me. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Any advice?

link

link failed.
I am not necessarily looking for a boyfriend...I am just confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly I want to say that your not overweight at all :P, don't put it down to yourself, different strokes for different folks I guess lol, your very attractive but I don't really get how they don't want to go for you, I checked out your profile and I get the impression that your a fun, nice girl and you don't seem conceited which would be a con. your level but I think it might just be down to maturity, your guy friends might not be interested in anything serious but I also get the feeling that they could also possibly feel that your not interested in them in that way. guys come to your for advice, maybe they feel that your just their freind...and not interested in anything more

• Thanks for that:]

And I flirt. I do I have been told I do it well too.....Lol.

• Haha, I see... id suggest you try to establish a really close friendship with one of your guy freinds, I believe that they might be a little hesitant towards you in not fully knowing if your just being really freindly or flirty. maybe try to establish a closer friendship which will likely give them confidence to ask you out. but don't fall into the trap of seeking anyone to just be in a relationship, it will only end in disaster, when your ready it will happen :)

What Guys Said 7

• You are EXACTLY how I am. I wasn't into the whole dating thing because no one around interested me. I knew I'm not that bad looking because I've been asked out a lot and I always attracted the crowd of older and younger women. never my age. People would always come to me for advice because my positive personality always attracts people but my mature side is good for helping with needs of other people. I apologize for talking about myself so much. Just really glad I found someone that I can relate to. Wished there were more people like you. And to answer your question, your not doing ANYTHING wrong. Your a good person. One of a kind.

• Obviously not, you are out there. Lol.

I have never met someone like me before:]

• I wouldn't worry about it. I didn't have my first kiss until right before I turned 17. Everyone moves at their own pace. In general, just turn up the flirting (you're in the friend zone because you don't flirt enough) and if you see a guy you like, always make eye contact and smile.

PS: your problem's got nothing to do with your looks ;)

• First of all thank you:]

I always make eye contact and smile.....

I am not bad at flirting.

The guys I usually go for are more shy than others.....I feel like I have to throw my self out there and I feel a little ridiculous doing it because even if they are oblivious to it others arn't and it is embarrassing if he dosen't return it. You know?

• Ah OK. well here's an article that pretty much sums up shy guys perfectly.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/Articles/Flirting/Player-Shy-Guy-Article-On-Shy-Men-For-The-Ladies.html

• wow, cute face.

If your looking for a meaningful kiss then you might as well wait, because you have no control over that. No worries, it's not weird to not have been kissed. A lot of people fall under social pressure to hook up.

If your looking for some fun making out, I'm sure you can find a guy at a party or call some guy to come over and watch a movie and get to it. You have a cute face and you could pull it off.

Don't have such high expectations for your first kiss. My first one was a horrible experience. All I can remember of it was a blood sucking leech trying to eat my face and a burning sensation on my wrist... O well, I'm sure things will work out for you.

• I have the same problem. I get called handsome all the time yet, nothing. I think it's mostly what people call the 'friend zone' which traps us. They see us more of a brother or sister then someone they could get with and have a real attraction to. In today's world don't be afraid to ask a guy out either. It's completely acceptable. Though try someone new, not you're best friend or something in case that 'friend zone' is causing a problem.

• I wish I could. I live in a small town where I know essentially everyone.

• do not be in a hurry to be kissed, most likely you be kissed by some asswipe anyway. kiss your husband, not boyfriend.

• YOU ARE SO YOUNG YOU DONT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IT, WHEN THE FIRST KISS COMES IT WILL COME, YOU DONT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IT, FORCE IT AND IT WONT BE SPECIAL LIKE ITS SUPOSED TO BE HELLO

• You are gorgeous.

Use your eyes to flirt with guys. Using your eyes makes you appear more approachable and way sexier. You can probably get any guy you want, so really, just draw them in. Be open, and be your gorgeous self. :)

.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't fret! :) I am also told that I am attractive and I didn't get kissed til I was like 18 or 19. You're probably like me and will just out of the blue run into a great guy when you least expect! Hope that helped.

• I'm 20 and I've never been kissed so compared to that, 16 is nothing. HAH! I don't look down on myself for it. There has never been anyone I've been interested in enough to kiss or even date. IT seems like you're the same way. Now I am just keeping my options open even if at first a guy doesn't seem like my type. We will both find our guys and when we do it will be special and the kiss will actually mean something!

• you're ugly and you smell. and it says you're 21 on your profile.

• I would never say anything like that to anyone.

I am glad I am not like you.

And I love how you have the courage to show your identity, Anonymous User?

• Obviously you're a tad jealous..

can you smell her through your computer or something?..

• Lol calm your sh*t.