2 shy people...any ideas as to what we should do the first time we hang out?

I've been talking with this guy for the last month and he's very shy and I'm not the most outgoing person either. We both have made hints to each other that we should hang out soon. I told him I was free this Tuesday and Thursday and he told me that he was pretty sure that he didn't have anything going on either. The only problem with this is the fact that neither or us have mentioned anything to do yet.

I was always brought up that the guy should ask the girl to do something. So I've been letting it be up to him to figure it out, but I'm afraid that he's so shy that he might not come up with anything and will just chicken out.

So any suggestions on how to handle this? I would rather hang out 1 on 1 just because I get quiet and shy when I'm around a bunch of people, but I don't want it to feel awkward either. What is something a shy, quiet guy would want to do or feel comfortable doing? Or maybe I should just wait it out to see what he comes up with since he initially started the whole thing? I don't know what to do. So please and ideas would be helpful :) Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I was brought up the same way so first you should wait. But if he doesn't call, this is the 21st century and it is ok for girls to go after the guy. If its a first time thing, you should go somewhere where you can talk, laugh and feel comfortable around each other. I would suggest and activity like rollerblading since its the summer or (although corny) I take girls to the zoo, point is to go somewhere where you can get to know each other, dinner can get to uncomfortable or shy guys and movies you aren't doing anything. Someplace like the Zoo like I said gives you time to talk and if the talking stalls there are topics in front of you to talk about.

What Guys Said 2

• What do you two talk about? Do you have anything in common? I would definitely go out to eat because you can always talk about the waitor/waitress, the food, the service. Go for a walk. If you're really interested in this guy. Make some physical contact with him. The best thing to do is to stay comfortable and let him be himself. Be accepting of who he is. He may not be to willing to open up again so quickly if he tries to open up to you and you respond in a negative way.

Hopefully this guy and yourself are open to new ideas. Be willing to try new things no matter how weird or out of the ordinary they may be. :) who knows maybe you will find out something about yourself you didn't know. good luck

• i hear you there with like the one on one thing being better than a group. normally, I am against movies being dates, but with shy people, it might be nice, like a light funny movie and then hang out afterwards, because you can talk about the movie a little and then talk about yourselves and then just talk in general if you want.

but if you don't like that idea then mini golf is always good too, because there is the game of the golf plus each other. but that could be better for next time too.

What Girls Said 2

• i say just hang out 1 on 1! just so you could get used to eachother. groups could be a hassle cus of all the people there you 2 might not do or say the things you guys would want to if you guys were alone. I think you guys should go out somewhere to eat just so you 2 can socialize. or maybe bowling!

• go over to his house and play video games. their always fun. and you'll bring him out of his shell.