Why young females fake their age?

i was going threw my fb or tag pages and notice that some females hide there age or fake a birth date on a friend request and when I ask them how are they some will tell the truth and some don't what can I do

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a whole lot- if they don't want to share the information they won't. Some girls do it to say they're older I suppose, some to say they're younger, depending on their actual age. But then there are others who might give you a fake birth date just to be cautious because they don't know you. Having worked a job where I was dealing with a lot of debt cause by identity fraud, I know that giving out your actual birth date to strangers or making it public knowledge on the Net is a bad idea. Personally, if I meet a guy online, I'm wary about giving out information and I might tell him my age but not my birth date or my home town. On here if someone asks, I'll give them my province and that's it. So, it's probably half vainty, half caution with the girls you're talking about.

What Girls Said 3

• Some guys do it too not just us females. Don't add them on facebook if you don't believe what age she is. Some girls do it because they want to and you can do what ever you want on the Internet.

• I think younger girls {high schoolers in particular} want to make themselves appear older.

• hs/middle school girls want to be older because they think it's more fun

What Guys Said 1

• they want to be the age they act online. You can be whatever you want when your on the internet so of course its not as true as it actually is. Risky buisness.