Paying for meals?

I was raised that a man should pay for the dates. ((If they are a couple then she can treat him, or go half, but just "dating then he should pay)). All the guys I've been out with have paid or stopped me from paying when I tried. Am I being unrealistic to expect a guy to pay for the whole date? I know a lot of girls are going dutch now and even paying for their dates themselves. I don't want him to think I'm a gold-digger for not paying, but I just feel a little uncomfortable with that.What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that in the very beginning a guy should pay ,( this is what I was brought up believing) but as time goes by we as females she be courteous enough to offer . I don't feel that comfortable with guys footing the bill for me so to put myself at ease I always offer to pay for something. That lets them know that I'm grateful and more then willing to go half when and if they don't have the means to foot the bill. And then it gets a little tricky because you start wondering if you ask him out to lunch who pays ? I guess that all depends on the two people at hand.

What Guys Said 5

• times have changed. I pay for my date, even if the girl asked me out. even buying drinks, I always buy the drinks. now, I let my best girlfriend pay for some, and I let some girls by me shots, . if the date asks you out, you should not have to pay. but in these times, make sure you do have money on hand, just in case his views aren't the same.

• I think it should still be expected that the guy should pay, particularly at the beginning of a relationship. But I guess it also depends on who asks who out. If he asks you out and takes you to a nice place, it would be rude to expect you to pay. If you mutually agree you want to go somewhere, it might be ok for you to go dutch.

• The person that asks someone else out is the one that needs to pay. If someone asked me out and set up a dinner at an expensive restaurant and then expected me to pay for the whole thing I'd pay but they'd never be hearing from me again. Normally it's guys who ask girls out so normally it's guys that pay for the date.

• You know I treated for the movies and some other stuff, I think it gives the guy the feeling that he can provide for his girlfriend also think of a dinner with family and relatives you don't invite them out and them expect them to pay, so if he invites you he should pay!

• Well to be honest with you, I really love it when a girl genuinely wants to pay for her own share. I wouldn't never want her to pay for me though.

What Girls Said 1

• I have always offered to pay at least my part. I have never expected the guy to pay, although often they have insisted. I guess I just feel that if we are living in a world where women want to be treated as equal to men on every other issue, then we shouldn't still be expecting them to pay for everything. We should be equal in that too.