How can people date someone that they don't see a future with?

how can people NOT want to pursue a serious relationship? why date someone only for a while instead of finding someone worth marrying one day? all I personally want is someone to be with forever... I couldn't date a girl I didn't see a future with or that I knew I'd just want to leave later.

how can girls especially, pursue "mr right now" instead of mr right? I don't see the appeal in casual dating like that. if you love someone or see them as a future mate, why pass up on the opportunity to date them because they aren't "mr right now"?

idk to me, modern dating seems pointless.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think sometimes that casual dating can help shape the archetype of what you are looking for in a long term relationship.

Sometimes you just want companionship but you aren't at a place in your life where a long term relationship is possible.

Maybe you're afraid to be in a long term relationship because of the expectations it usually leads to.

Maybe you don't believe in marriage at all.

Could be lots of things.

Hope that helps!

What Girls Said 2

• Because maybe we don't see a future with him, but we don't like being alone either.

• Can you be more specific?

• Amen and Hallelujah.

I think it's find to date someone and figure out if you are into them etc., but I think it's silly how people don't try to look for someone worth marrying one day. I'm not saying you should jump in to dating thinking "I'm going to bag me a husband/wife!", but I mean why not look for someone who has those long-term qualities that would make them a potential candidate for marriage?

What Guys Said 0