Dating a Pregnant Girl?

There's a girl I've been going to school with for the past 3-4 years and she's been hitting on me...but she's pregnant (I think she is due in October.). I hung out with her by accident sorta last night and honestly I had a lot of fun hanging out with her and I always kinda liked her I just figured I wasn't her type. I'm 18 and she's 17 and were entering our senior year of high school.

I know it's a lot of baggage but I personally don't see how its not a roadblock that can be hurdled. My best friend thinks I'm crazy and it's going to ruin my life but I actually like this girl and the dad is a total prick (go figure.) and I think she wants someone to help her. I have a few girls who want me to hangout with them and all this stuff and I had way more fun with the pregnant girl then I did any of them and I like spending time with her. The way I see it if she wasn't pregnant I would date her over the other girls that have been trying to talk to me so why would I let something like this stop me?

Idk is this just stupid for me to be feeling this way and hanging out with her when I could just date someone who isn't pregnant. Just confused right now.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it is stupid of you to like her but, yes, your friends are right to be concerned about what kind of drama you will be in for if you date her.

I personally would just take it slow. She's going to have her hands full soon, with a new baby, and that would make it real tough for anyone to date. She's also trying to finish school, hopefully. She is probably going to be very emotional for a bit after having her baby and she may also have an attachment to her baby's father, even if he is a jerk. You may not enjoy the ups and downs of trying to connect with a girl who has a new baby and a lot on her mind. She's not exactly living the carefree teenage life with free time for dates.

What Girls Said 2

• i think its a possibility. You should discuss some serious stuff if you really want a relationship with her, like how she's gonna raise her baby, is this prick guy gonna be in her life a lot after the baby's born, does she wanna have a guy (mayb u)help her raise the kid. I mean there's a lot of stuff there. Sure you can date and have fun but if you start likin each other a lot and get serious about being together all those issues will come up so you'll need to know how you plan to deal with it.

• I would see where it goes. When she finally has the baby, see how you feel. If you enjoy helping her, then maybe the relationship will work. If she starts to become less and less available and it is just way to much for you to handle, then obviously the relationship isn't going to last and won't be very healthy or ideal...

What Guys Said 2

• wow, there really are girls out there that hit on guys and initiate?

• If you really like her great but she is a package deal, when the baby arives she won't have as much time for you and you have to grow up real quick, responsiblity etc if that what you want great if not you are young and have lots of options...