I am going on a blind date and need this question answered?

This girl says she is 5'5" 138lbs. Does that seem fat? Cause I don't want to show up and be disappointed.

Results. So we exchanged a few photos before we met last night. Well when we met, who was in the photo was not her. She was more like 215lbs, and complete opposite of everything she said about herself. So case is closed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Classic online dating pitfall. I am assuming it was an online date, not a blind date that someone set you up on. I would only hope that someone setting you up would tell you the girl was seriously overweight in advance.

So, for online dating, I find women lie about their weight and men lie about height (only in cases where either person feels like they need to lie). Both men and women can and do post photos that don't represent how they look currently. I think it is so ridiculous because, in the end, you will have to meet, but people keep banking on not needing physical attraction and that is not something you should bank on. We all need some sort of physical spark to add to the mix of everything else you want in the other person.

• Negative, it was someone setting me up, a female to be frank with you. But I held my end of the deal, never again would I do such. It was such a waste of time.

• Wow, sorry to hear that. She must have been one of many that discounts the need for physical attraction or is simply uncomfortable talking about her friend's weight problem. I personally think the fair thing to do is subtly find a way to mention something that could be a deal breaker, to test the waters. Overall, friends may be friends but not many make good match makers. I joke that they take 2 people they know who are single and throw them together. Hardly a good idea.

What Girls Said 21

• I am 5'4" and 110 lbs but I also have a small frame. She could look fantastic. Why try to predict this now? One date won't kill you and there is always the chance you won't have chemistry regardless of whether she is the perfect size for you or that you will hit it off even if she has a few extra pounds on her. I doubt she will appear fat to you.

• It seems ironic that you are not sure if that is fat based on real life experience, yet you are shallow enough to care.

• How am I shallow, it's a smiple matter of being attracted to a person. That is one of the elements that is key these days. I don't know what world you're living in, but I for one need to be ATTRACTED to the person. It only makes sense. I am not shallow at all, I just get what I deserve, not what I can get. Simple equation.

• You have a very valid point, but I will argue the fact that first appearance says a lot, in any and all situations.

• And you sir, also have a valid point. *shakes hands*

• Coincidentally, I'm also 5'5" and 138 lbs.

Here's a few pictures (I removed the faces so they look a little strange :P):

link

link

link

1 and 3 were taken from quite far away and in 2 I was wearing quite a loose fitting dress but you get the idea. :)

• Alright just to prove my point: here's a much better one of my body. I'm no size 0 and I've got hips and a decent arse but I'm not fat.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af75/Dominiekske1/Photo30.jpg?1282779188

• haha I'm reading your previous responses to people's answers and I love how you think people who defend "fat" people are fat themselves (I jump to that conclusion too when I know I really shouldn't). guess that's the mystery of the internet. but...to actually answer you question for future reverence. 5'5 and under 140 is the typical weight not fat. can't really say a size because of bone mass and muscle ect. like models...both 5'9-5'10, ones 110 pounds, ones 92. ironically, they are both a dress size 2. so...yeah. but if you like skinny girls, like supermodel size (not height) or girls who are are super skinny but still look healthy, for a girl who's 5'5, she should be anywhere from 98 - 110. that would be your safest bet. but please remember that girls tend to gain weight once they're older lk childbirth and stuff like that so she can't always be skinny and pretty.

• You have got to be kidding me. A 5'5'' girl under 110 lbs is severely underweight and not healthy at all. Anywhere from 125 lbs to 140 lbs is a safe bet.

• I'm 5'5" and 101 pounds, my doctor says I'm healthy. and in case your wondering, I eat, I just have a really high metabolism.

• you think YOU was disapointed how do you think that poor girl felt when she seen YOU . what a jerk you shouldn't be dateing at all if you act like that jeez

• Fuck you ****! How am I a jerk? I am not the one that portrayed myself as someone I am not.

• No she is normal for her height, and weight should not be that big of a deal, its what's inside that counts

• Ur truly an asswhole. You don't even deserve this girl... Guys like you are why girls are so obsessed and self conscious about their bodies. Don't you know tht every girl should feel beautiful no matter wat? I hope you never find love...

• You're probably fat and ugly. Women should be held to a standard. Fat = lazy (unless of course it's a medical condition)

• Just because a woman is disagreeing with you and she is standing up for fellow women, this makes her fat? Well then half the people on this board are fat, and you're still an a$$.

• Hahah omg thank you Nickel! finally a man who has some common sense and respect!!!!!!!!

• I'm 5'10 and 124 pounds. But I'm really skinny. She might be a little bit larger, but definately not fat. Also, she could be really active and that could all be muscle. :)

• its not fat fat she sounds curvy my best bet is to go you maybe will like her try not to juge a book by its cover trust me

• Well, according to the healthy side of society (and physicians) a woman's ideal weight is 100lbs at 5 feet and an additional 5lbs for each inch. If she's 5'5, then a weight of 138 means she may be a tad out of shape like many people, but definitely not FAT

• LOL, just go. You're only there to meet her and not make a relationship out of it anyways. If its a bad date, then its something fun to talk about aftwords!

Shes not fat either, that sounds average.

• maybe you should be more foused on her personality instead of worrying whether or not she's fat.

i am 16 years old, [female] 5'9'' and weigh 198lbs. I'm not fat, it is all mucsle because I am one built chick.

dont be such an asshole.

• How am I an asshole, I keep myself in shape, I'm not attracted to large women. What makes me an asshole?

• Because it doesn't matter what someone looks like.

it wouldn't nessecarily be her fault if she were fat either. especially at that height its hard to lose weight. and some people have problems losing weight,.

dont be such an @ss, Fr!g.

• Bullsh*t it does not matter what someone looks like. You mean to tell me physical attraction does not matter in a relationship?? What f***ing world are you living in.

• OUCH :/

• omg you wanker! its her that should be disappointed, not you!

• that seems kinda fat not to be rude or anything, but maybe not. I'm 5'6 and 103 pounds. (:

• No.. that's normal weight...

• omg that sucks. online dating :( do it at your own risk

• It depends on her body type... Does she play any sports? I am 5'5 and weigh 130 however I play soccer, basketball, and ride horses so my weight its mostly mussel.

• Omg, you haven't even seen the girl and you are putting her weight as an issue! She might be a really nice girl and no she doesn't sound fat. She may be a little more but deffo not fat.

Just go and enjoy yourself

• Let me guess, you're white? The white male (SOME OF YOU, NOT ALL) preoccupation with weight is astounding to me. You expect women to look like supermodels when you rarely have a body worthy of a runway. Either quite soft yourself, or if you are naturally thin, not muscular like guys you would see on T.V. Why expect women to look like the celebs when I doubt you come close?

• I think you should be happy that you got a date...

• Ummmm.........I have dates all the time, just this is a blind date

What Guys Said 14

• From the height and weight information you gave me, I can calculate her BMI (Body Mass Index) which is approximately 36,9

If it was between 19 and 25, she would be "normal".

If it was between 25 and 30, she would be "overweight".

Since it is 30+, she is considered as obese.

More information about the BMI (Body Mass Index) scale can be found in wikipedia. Just follow this link .

I hope this helps you. =)

• Beyonce weighs 139 lbs, so I don't think weight matters much.

If your dating concerns are this superficial then I'd suggest not going on blind dates, and instead be a man and pick women up yourself.

~ Robby

• Okay, let me expalin before you insult me, this is a blind date and for people with little minds such as yourself I suppose further detail is needed (this date is set-up betweeen a mutual friend) I am pretty much doing this out of courtesy. Thanks Robby

• @missymoo...I agree

• HAHAHHAHAHAH Robby! yea dude, be A REAL MAN, and find your own dates asswhole

• She could be fat, and she could not be fat.

Height and Weight exclusively does not decide that.

Body fat does.

If she is 5'5'', 138 lbs, and a body fat percentage of 15, she'd be in pretty good shape.

If she has a percentage of 25, that'd be into the excess weight column.

• How can anyone be against science? Weirdos!

Anyway, that sucks that she ended up being a liar. Though it's probably just as bad that she ended up being a walrus too.

• Technically, according to BMI, she's normal. Besides, the face, breast, and ass are what really matters. Maybe she just has some muscles. If it goes bad, at least you will have a good story.

• Seems normal. Maybe slightly chubby, but I'd take my chances since chubby girls are hawt.

• Why does this concern you? If its really that important to you then continue reading.

According to medical research her body mass index is in the center of the ideal range and she can gain or lose 10+lbs. and be healthy weight range.

Personally I consider the medical ideal weights too low, as I'm above the ideal, even above overweight and am considered obese though I would like to gain weight.

Bone, muscle and water all have different density and a given weight and height can appear much different.

• Well.. chances are you are an average joe six pack =) So my advice is to just go out normally with girls, meetin person so what you see is what you get.

Only technique I can offer you, and others, is to just CLEAR your mind of ANY expectations. Go out, see how it goes and take it from there.

Do not pre-judge =)

• She could be slightly chubby or she could be well-built (muscular legs and abs). Either way would be fine by me.

• she's not fat, jez.

• Well, online dating is a crapshoot... and if she lied about erthang she said she was, it'd be in your best interests to move on.

• depends on the composition. I have daughters that are 5'5" - 5'6" and 145 lbs, and believe me, they are not fat, they're fit. muscle weighs more than fat.

• I wouldn't worry about it, muscule weights a lot more than fat so she could be very skinny.

• dude you should be a man and just cancel so sh e ainĀ“t gon waste her time with you superficial dumbass.

and if you had balls you would get women yourself like someone on here said!

• People often lie a little about their weight+height to seem more favorable, so if she's admitting those kind of stats, she is probably even more fat than that.

She's not morbidly obese, but she is definitely not going to look like a model.

• To look at it another way: girls do have a habit of lying about their weight, which means guys get a distorted idea of what a normal weight for a girl is. As I've said, I'm 5'5" and 138 lbs and I'm a European size 36, US size 6.

• It also depends where you live. If you live in a cold climate, you probably need more body fat than in a warm climate and it will be less noticeable if you're wearing more clothes.