Would you date a short guy?

Would you date a short guy? Even if he was 5'4", but smart and handsome?

Updates:
Post your own height as a reference.
It would seem women are mostly concerned with a guys relative height, and not so much with his real height. So long as she is barely over in height, or otherwise shorter, there isn't a problem, with some exceptions where she doesn't care at all.
Other exceptions include how the guy makes the girl feel, and how attractive he is otherwise. Confidence is important.
This was a really successful question with a lot of good answers. Thanks a lot ladies.

0|1
38|6

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 37

• I'm 5'2'', so there's a chance I would if I thought he was "the one," but I'd prefer someone taller. Mostly because I consider myself extremely short, and if I can't even wear heels with the guy it would seem weird. I've never run into this problem before though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'1", so heck yes I would. ;-)

PS: If you're confident in yourself, height REALLY doesn't matter. See a recent letter of the sex columnist Dan Savage: link

1|0
    0|1
  • Yep (: I am right now actually. He's 5'4 but he's exactly my height. He's a great guy. He treats me with respect and I absolutely LOVE his personality <3 I don't think looks matter, but that's just me

2|1
    0|0
  • honestly...no >.<

ive always been made fun of because of my height [ I've always been super tall ]

and I tried dating a few guys who are shorter than me...

but it didn't turn out right.

last time I went to the doctor months ago,

i was 5' 7.5"

so I'm probably 5'8" right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • heigh doesn't matter. I would date a short guy just as I would date a tall. heigh doesn't really matter

0|2
    1|2
    • But what if he were shorter than you?

• Well actually the guy I like is shorter than I am. It's not a huge difference but still, I don't even think about it as a problem. I will just not use hills with him but well...haha :P

• Three down arrows? What's wrong with you people?

• sure, if he's a good person. That's all that matters.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm 5'4", so I would. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Height isn't a huge issue for me. As long as I'm compatible with someone that's all that should matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • hehehe my boyfriend is about the same size as me, which is around 5'4" I'm actually a TINY bit taller than him, but we're so in love :) He's really smart, funny, handsome and has a great personality! If a girl doesn't go out with you because she thinks you're too short, she's probably really shallow.

x

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'6, so no.

0|1
    0|0
  • i wouldn't mind, I'm 5'6

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'2" and more particular about being the "dainty" one than the "short" one. As long as I didn't feel I could take him down in a fight, it's fine with me. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • im 5'8" and I wear heels all the time so personally, I wouldn't do it, but most girls wouldn't care. don't worry!

0|0
    0|1
    • Yeah I don't know about that, it wouldn't work out very well lol You see it's interesting, I'm not really interested in taller women, so I totally get that.

• Show All
    • Yeah and as for being a giant, just find a taller guy ;) You're beautiful

• Thanks! :]

• Yes. Especially because I'm really small. Besides, I don't really care what a guy looks like. :P Also, Mc Chris is short, and he's AMAZING. I love him! :3

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been asking myself this recently. I've met a really handsome, intelligent guy, but he is a few inches shorter than me, I'm 5' 9". I think he's 5'6".

I say I would, but I don't know how comfortable I would really be.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've ALWAYS been into shorter guys, but I feel like guys don't like taller girls. :/ I'm 5'6, and I've always been sexually attracted to handsome shorter guys with great bodies.

0|0
    0|0
  • your taller than me by an inch so maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • im sorry bud but I would feel weird dateing some one shorter than me. there has to be some short girls out there that you think are atractive. I like wheni guy holds me in his arms and my head can rest on his sholders it just feels right

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I know what you mean. I'm dating a girl that's 5'0", and we fit perfectly together.

• Yup, I have and I'm 5'4 its all about confidence

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'7 so no, but I wouldn't worry their are LOTS of girls shorter than that who wouldn't have a problem with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not! Why would I let somebodies appearance get in the way of if guy has great personality? Now if you have two heads or a Siamese twin...that's another story

0|0
    0|0
  • Hells to the yeah! Hey, I don't even know what that means... but yes definitely.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm 4'11 and would rather date a shorter guy. So your height is just fine with me. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm curious what height do you call short

• I get the feeling she means 4'11" and up, maybe 4'10". scar1 are you shorter than 4'11"?

• Oh, I meant someone who isn't like...6'0. Someone like your height. Sorry about the confusion, lol. As long as the guy is taller than me.

• i would, I'm only 5'0"

0|0
    0|0
  • yep

0|0
    0|0
  • well if he is smart and handsome then yea..

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm only 5"3 so sure :D lol

ps I like your name :D

0|0
    0|0
  • i dated a guy who was 5'3 and we went out for 14 months, personally height doesn't not matter to me

0|0
    0|0
  • yup due to my 5'1eyness :P

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm 5'0, so that wouldn't bother me at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 6

• Sorry buddy am 5'11" so I never really had a problem in that area.I wear boots a lot so I get some height if she is wearing heels and she is my height.

0|1
    0|1
  • I wouldn't date a short guy. I would, however, date a girl that's shorter or taller than I am. I'm 5'9, btw.

0|0
    0|1
  • Nah... maybe if I was gay I would

0|0
    0|1
  • If I were a girl then yes. Its a good height and there are certain advantages or things a person your height can or can't do that others would or would not be capable of.

0|0
    0|0
  • "He's 5'4, he's 5'4, we've got Arshavin, f**k Adebayor!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

0|0
    0|1
  • Dude, the only height girls are worried about is that of the schlong! (also the girth)

0|0
    0|2