Why did she have to text me?

My ex girlfriend text me saying, "I sent your stuff back. did you get everything?" she sent it 2 weeks ago and I got it 2 weeks ago, of course I got it. its been a month since we spoke to each other last, and she has a new boyfriend already. Why would she text me if the answer to the question is obvious? All input is welcomed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how long you were together. The longer a couple is together the harder it is to completely break off contact. The urge to text, or call will be there for a really long time. A month, is not a long time.

Could be she wants to see how you're doing. Could be she wants to make her current boyfriend jealous. Could be that she really didn't know if you got the stuff or not. Could be anything.

But if you really want to sever all ties with her, then don't respond. If it takes this much thought to figure out a persons intent, then it's really not worth it.

• It was a year and 8 month relationship. and I'm not texting her back, she can sit there and wonder all she wants

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe she was expecting a response from you when you recieved your stuff & was shocked when you didn't say anything. You ex could well be missing you (even though in a new rship) and could have sent you that text to "test the waters" with you to strike up a conversation. Just ignore the message if you don't want anything from her.

• Yeah I agree, she has a new boyfriend. so if she didn't care at all she wouldn't have contacted me

What Guys Said 2

• Could be she feels guilty about something! You'd know about that! Or it could be she's looking for excuses to renew contact..new boyfriend or not, she might miss you.

My first two guesses!..

• My ex girlfriend just to text me every week for 3 months, and she dump me, I never answer and she gave up. I was hurt by her actions and decided that she wasn't going to mess with my head anymore, I feel good now.