Would you date a tall guy?

I'm 6'0" and even taller with my shoes and spiky hair. I rarely see people my size even at the gym and I'm uncomfortably looking down at people; many people will feel slightly awkward and I can tell, if they don't avoid me then I'll lean over a little and stand at a distance or lower ground.

I'm being facetious, honestly it makes little difference besides sports or athletic performance. For example a tall lean person will excel at swimming or high jump, a thick muscular person at wrestling, while a short person of the same weight will lift greater amounts of weight (more leverage or mechanical advantage) and may play better football (running back).

I'm not doubting you're 6'4", only stating that it is tall (perhaps one in 10,000) and many people measure incorrectly.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've dated guys that are my size (5'7) to 6'0-6'1 (we're not sure, we don't care).

It really doesn't make that much difference, other than standing up and making out can sometimes cramp my neck (that is, if it continues on for more than half an hour).

If I wear heels, I'm roughly the same height as he is.

Honestly, his height doesn't hinder me or him in the slightest.

What Girls Said 7

• nothing wrong with being tall, I prefer tall, I feel more confident around tall people lol id feel more safe with a tall boyfriend too. and your not freakie tall people around you are jst short haha! I mean lots of people including girls are like way over six 4 theyre like upto 6'8 even.. aha don't worry. girls like tall guys we HATE bending over to kiss.

• Tall guys are the best :)

• What is your height? A person has told me I look 5'10" however I doubt they were begin honest. I had a gym membership and they asked to measure my body fat.

I said, "sure.

"What's your height, 5'10"?"

I just replied "yeah around there."

I think he was surprised I said that. If you want a tall guy you should be at least a few inches above average yourself. Actaully that's not true, many guys like small girls and find having a petite girlfriend something to brag about.

• Yea like 5'9 and up.

• I guess God made it that way so girls feel small around men.

• My ex was 6'4 and I LOVED his height. Tall guys are so attractive to me...just like their height makes me feel all little and safe or something?(: Haha.

• I would! I'm 5'6 and idc how tall or short a guy is.

• I <3 tall guys.

• You know less than 3 tall guys? What's your height and what is your preference, upper and lower limits?

I'm 6'0", I like 5'9", 6'0" upper, 5'6" lower, which is ideal range however more or less is acceptable.

• Wait...you were joking....ugh...

• You'll learn, its good to meet different people. Bad experiences should make you grow stronger.

• only tall guys ... there should be more of those... sigh

• surrrre

What Guys Said 2

• Studies say that 6'0" is the ideal height for men, in terms of what women want.

On the other hand, my experience has been that some women are also more intimidated by taller guys. This may just be my perception though, because I frequently see women approaching and acting very comfortable and friendly with shorter guys but I rarely see that with tall guys, including myself.

So, there appears to be some kind of a trade-off I think. Maybe women are more attracted to taller guys, but more likely to date shorter guys because they seem more manageable.

• First thing girls love tall guys (I think you already knew that) Second your not that tall, I'm 6'4" and I don't consider myself tall, I'm just taller than the avg. guy. It seems like more people my age are more around my height (at least at my school)

• 6'4" is very tall. I've seen less than 10 people in my life that height. My pastor is 6'8" 310lbs. 76" is 10% taller or 133% volume (bigger in three dimensions). People lie about their height. Measure in the evening, standing with normal posture, flat ground barefoot with a straight hard surface firmly pressed against head parallel with floor. I doubt you'd be more than 6'2". One site considers 180cm 6'0"; its 5'10.9" which rounds down to 5'10". With those other factors you'd easily be 6'0".

• Well come to Miss State and you won't be anything special, there's short guys but there is a lot of guys are near my height and taller, I know of at least 15 people that over 6'6" and 2 that are near 7' and I'm not counting the basketball players

• That's comforting