How long does it take you to decide if someone is dating material?

Of course depends on the circumstances, so I've provided some situations below...

Met in person at a bar.

Met in person at a local event (convention, concert, etc).

Met online, not exchanged (clean) pics.

Met online, exchanged (clean) pics.

And any other situations you can think of.

Most Helpful Girl

• We start judging a person within the first twenty-fifth of a second of meeting them. After one-tenth of a second, we come to a conclusion about the stranger's attractiveness, likeability, and trustworthiness. And after watching the person chat with someone of the opposite sex for 5 seconds, we determine how extroverted, conscientious, and intelligent they are.

I can't find the citation, but that's from a psych project I did (i.e. it's from studies, not my opinion). So, we make judgments very quickly. I don't know how that applies to people we meet online though, I can only speculate.

What Girls Said 1

• bar at least a month

event few weeks

online 3 months after seeing a pic

What Guys Said 4

• Well, I don't like bars/clubs, so I'm not likely to even look for a relationship with a girl I meet there, if I ever happen to go to one. I'm pretty open-minded, but at the same time, I tend to get along better with people who are more inclined to be in more relaxed and/or intellectually stimulating environments.

And then, on top of all that, it's about how well I click with a girl. If I find her physically attractive, my next criteria are her personality, character, and how I feel around her. In such a process I'm not looking for reasons to disqualify a girl, I'm looking to see if she's a good fit for me.

• Hello,

its not so much where I meet them but what there like.. if I get on with them I get on with them

• Basically if you get on with them not long?

• Well if your asking how do I know someone is WORTH asking for a date.. well if we get talking and I think there's chemistry Ill ask for there number, if I get it Ill call them and ask them out.. simple really..

• One conversation.

• Generally about an hour personality wise...