Who pays on the first date?

I'm going on a date with a guy, and he has told me that money is never and issue with him. He says if I ever need something to let him know, So how do I politely ask if I need to pay for my movie ticket or if he is going to pay?

Most Helpful Guy

• My rule is the guys always pays for the first date and a majority of the dates. And after the relationship becomes more comfortable then she can pay like every 10th-16th date but I'm old school so that's just me (honestly I think a guy is a bum if he makes the girls pay for the first date or most of them)

• Ok thanks. do you think I should at least offer to pay my half and see what he says? or do you think I should just take money with me, and see what happens first?

• I would take the money just in case he dosn't pay for you (Then I would aslo make it my last date with him), but offeirng is nice, shows that your not using us to get free stuff but I warn you he may accept it so don't offer unless you mean it

• Ok thanks!

What Guys Said 4

• Hello,

typicaly a man pays for the first date.. as strange as it sounds he may be ofended if you don't let him.. you pay for the next one..

Good Luck

- Chris

• I would pay for 100% of everything on the first date if I were him.

• If he asked you out, he should pay. If you asked him out, the he might expect you to pay. Is it really even a date if you go dutch?

• Depends. Usually I will pay on the first date. If she offers, occasionally I will split it but not often. Or if it was like the last date I was on (where the girl was ON THE PHONE with her ex boyfriend WHILE eating dinner) I will go to the bathroom, and bounce out on her.

• Lol good idea. so I should at least offer to pay my half and see what he says? or do you think I should just take money with me, and see what happens first?

• LOL nice going dude

What Girls Said 3

• I'm kind of old fashioned so if the guy asks me on the date I usually expect that he'll pay. I'll offer to contribute, but if he lets me on the first date, I wouldn't go out with him again. (That's never happened before though) If it did, that would tell me he wasn't raised with the same morals/values when it comes to dating as I was so we prob. wouldn't get along well.

• the guy should always pay for the 1st date. after you've been in a relationship for a while the girl should pay sometimes though.

• you don't haha

bring extra money just incase and let him lead the way...and you pay after so you know if he's paying for you

or you can try to pay and if he stops you..that means he wants to pay :p

• Ok thanks! that's what I was thinking but I needed someone elses opinion