Where do you want to go on a first date?

It occurs to me that as I read the Reality Check posts under "Would You Date Me?" that a lot of people like to take their dates to the beach. So much so, that I put this poll up to see just how popular it is, and if any other places measure up.

As you vote, if you could post your reasoning as to why you have a favorite place in particular that would be great. Thanks for participating!

• The Beach/Boardwalk
  • Local, State or National Park
  • Quiet locale for dinner
  • Bars and/or clubs
  • Other
Wmy456 brings up a good point. Does the beach serve as sexual tension on a first date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Im a beach person. So I always choose the beach, over any place to go. Unless its a rainy day, or really windy. Then Id choose the bar :p

But on a nice night, I think the beach is the most romantic, quiet place to hang out at.

The sound of the waves, so relaxing. And the view is so romantic.

I wouldn't mind the beach during the day either. We could go snorkling together, or diving. Or he could teach me how to surf, or body board.

Or we could just lay there on the sand, and sip on pina coladas.

The beach is awesome :)

What Girls Said 11

• I love the ocean. The reason I like going there is because it gives me a chance to feel them out. If I want to get a little more personal or cuddle I can go towards the beach, if I feel better in a more social location I stay on the boardwalk. The beaches I go to are not very crowded on the beach but the boardwalk is quite busy.

• Ok, so I would say the Beach off of your options, but there's a condition to it. I have to really click and really like the guy to wanna do this for a first date cus then it wouldn't feel awkward and conversations would be easy/ Otherwise, I think that's too much quiet time which equals too much pressure.

For a guy that I barely know, the best first date is the movies. Especially a comedy. That way you don't have to worry about looking weird when you eat (cus he's not watchin you) and you don't have to make any small talk (cus you're not talkin) then afterwards you already have the conversation set out for you. Talk about the movie! If you like the same parts and things feel right, BOOM! On to date #2. Ha ha.

• I love the beach. so much so that I moved to the beach! Its a real relaxed atmosphere where you can find out if the date likes to have fun like you. Bringing food, drinks, boogieboards, and sandbuckets to a date is a lot more interesting then going out to the same old restaurants.

• I always liked meeting for a drink for a first date. And not at a club, where it would be hard to talk, but at a fairly quiet bar. Alcohol helps with the nerves, and that keeps it nice and casual without any of the formal feeling of having dinner. Plus it's easy to cut short if things aren't going well, and easy to prolong if they are.

• I like more about museums and art galleries. Something that we could discuss some more "deep" than "Isn't the water gorgeous?" But that's just me.

• I would say a museum or car show. I love classic cars so it would be fun to talk and walk together and get to know one another. Also, in Las Vegas, there is only desert, so beach is out of the question. there is always some shows here to watch.

• depends on how well I know the person am meeting, if from the internet my first priority will be my safety so somewhere public , easy to get too and well lit so dinner or somewhere quiet for drinks would be my choice in that instance.

• Nothing too active like ‘rock climbing’… How could you ever get to know someone if you are too focused on what the two of you are actually doing!

Nothing with too much drinking either, first impressions are the most important. I wouldn’t want to come off as a sloppy drunk.

Something like starbucks or watching a movie at ones house (not at the movie theater!) or more traditional… like going out to eat! Somewhere where it’s a nice view. If you live near a beach, that could be fun too! But something not too far… =)

• Other - We could go to his place, or mine. And that doesn't always mean we have to have sex or something. It just gives us the complete privacy that we would want.

• I would want to go to an amusement park- too bad they don't have any in Bermuda :o(

• Somewhere local because that way you could sit down and really get to know them

What Guys Said 4

• Nature is the best place to really learn about someone. It's often quiet, serene, and romantic. What's most important in most early relationships is communication, and a stroll through a park is a great place to communicate.

And then after you've become closer with the person you're dating, the park strolls become more romantic. Ahhh parks.

• i would have to say somewhere quiet for dinner so that we can talk and get t know each other better one on one. yea the beach is nice but that also bring into play the sexual card. I mean the water and possibility about going swimming and what not. that's just too much in my opinion for the first date. spend that time getting to know each other and see if the relationship will grow from there.

• Really? I didn't know guys felt that way about the beach.

• Don't really know if anyone else feels the same way but that's just the way I feel about it.. yea I would love to take a strole on the beach just chatting away the night but then there's the temptation of going swimming and messing around.. personally I would just like to take it slow and get to know my date better. dinner might be be as romantic but getting to know each other really helps me figure out what to do for those romantic nights at home alone or out on the town.

• Your on your own there dude!

• I live in the desert, I wanted to vote beach boardwalk.

• I like to take things slowly at first when I first meet someone. Dinner is something that you can do that's enjoyable, but you don't have to worry about hanging around too long. Once dinner's finished, you have a choice of hanging out longer because you enjoy one another's company or of politely ending the evening and going your separate ways. My original first choice was the beach, but I figured that the beach is something that I would like to enjoy with someone that I already know, and you almost have to spend a day at the beach or boardwalk in order to truly enjoy it. I figured that if I wasn't feeling the person I was with on the first date, that I would not want to spend an entire day with them at the beach or boardwalk - that's why I chose dinner - you can eat and get out of there if you need to! :)