First date with someone you don't know?

Ok so I met this girl through text, random but we found out we live near each other she's 18 I'm 19 all that good stuff. We kinda just text back and forth all the time sending pics of ourselves for about 2-3 months, I asked her if she wanted to hang out(I thought it would be cool to meet each other). She decided to ask me out on a date >_<. Could this be a good or bad thing since we don't even know each other in person. And if we did happen to go where would I take her to for a first date, what kinda of conversations should I bring up? Is she expecting like a actually date dinner/ect?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well first off, go somewhere where a lot of people would be, since you met her in an unconventional fashion. I hate to sound like an old person, but you never know, she could be a pedophilic creep. Have you talked to her on the phone or have mutual friends? If so then it's okay to go somewhere a little more private, a quieter restaurant or such. Talk to her about whatever, it is always good to start with small talk and move to whatever comes along. People love to talk about themselves, and she will think it is cute if you remember things she has said, or mention little tidbits of info you know about her. Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• I hate it when I try to go out with a guy and he's putting too much emphasis on trying to read me or predict what to do/how to act. Be yourself. Get to know her by asking about her interests, likes, dislikes, childhood etc and share yours as well. Since she asked you out answer her yes (if you haven't) and ask her what she would like to do. Don't be afraid to throw in some suggestions of your own. Since it's your first date I would choose something pretty safe like dinner or even an amusement park. Public places are best as they allow you both to feel pretty safe.

• Well, you are old enough to go on a real date. So yes why not take her to dinner and talk. You will know right off if it's something you want to pursue or not. Texting is very different. So I say do a date where you two can talk in person and so if you're comfortable together and compatible.

What Guys Said 2

• dude, I have the best idea for ur situation.dont do dinner/movies. because then that will be on an official date. Take her bowling. then for a coffee afterwards. that's saying, that ur a cool guy and knows how to have fun, because form what I have learned, Girls Love going bowling,

also, make a note to yourself, throw in a few silly misses so she wins. it will give her bragging rights, and plenty of conversation for coffee afterwards.

• Be open to all the possibilities and plan accordingly. If you want to know in advance text her asking what she expects to do when both of you are together