Lonely in Tahoe

I had a summer fling with this neat guy I'd met at a party. It was great while it lasted, but now it's done. We talk on msn but it's just not the same. I'm pretty ambivalent about having a long distance thing, I sort of want to talk about it, let him know what I feel, but I'm not sure if I should or if I should just let it die. lol The thing is I want to hook up with him whenever he gets back, but I don't know when to tell him that =p .. or how even

What Guys Said 2

• Lonely in Tahoe,

Judging from your post, it would seem that your summer fling will be returning. If so, I wouldn't necessarily rush anything. Continue to keep the lines of communication open like you're currently doing.

I would suggest using the time that he is away to find out more about him. Casually mention, in a very general and non-specific way, the topic of long distance relationships. Find out if he's even receptive to the idea before you go spilling your heart out to him.

The key here is not to rush! Toss a question out there, test the waters, see how he responds, and act accordingly. Keep this in mind and you'll be fine.

-D. Duval

• I would be more than happy with what you want if I was in his shoes. And if your communication is solely online that should make it pretty easy. Just write it out in advance, copy and paste.

What Girls Said 0