After you first start dating, when is it OK to um...help your guy improve his fashion?

the guy I'm currently dating dresses like crap..

BUT we just started going out and I don't want to seem superficial by asking if we can go shopping so soon..

so what to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Accept him as he is, if you can't maybe find someone who is less of a fixer upper, guys don't like to be changed just so they match you... or your personal tastes...

What Guys Said 3

• heh I'd actually welcome it, if something like changing my clothes (which I honestly don't care about) makes you happier I'm game :)

• maybe you could take him out shopping with you and first get some clothes yourself and later on / or the next time suggest to shop for him since he helped you the first time

• I'd actually welcome the help as long as it was actually help and not disgust. :/

What Girls Said 3

• He'll probably figure out that you're superficial eventually, might as well let him know right off the bat. :)

• I don't get why girls pick men, and change them. You know there are like several billion guys, and you can find one that's not a project. Or accept you're current boy, as is.

• well I bought my boyfriend stuff before we were dating and within a month of dating. guys don't really care how they look sometimes so id feel rude to tell them to buy clothes with their own money

if I want them to look better I should buy it

i didn't change everything though... just no more baggy stuff that's either too short or too long

at least now he gets compliments or girls say cute shirt haha

• I agree, but make it sound like "oh I saw this and thought you might like it", or give him some clothes as a birthday gift or Christmas gift or something, but don't expect him to wear the stuff, its like I read earlier, you knew what you were getting into when you signed up for the relationship, so if you don't like it, break it off, or grin and bear it.