Whats your opinion about teen girls dating older men?

So basically I'm 16 and about three weeks ago I met this guy at the gym I go to (he's one of the personal trainers working there) and we got along really well. Two days later he gave me his number and said that I should call him so I did the next day. After taking to him for a while, I figured out the he's 20. He knows I'm only 16 and still wants to "hang out" with me. Do you think its a good idea if I give him a chance knowing the big age gap?

Most Helpful Guy

• no don't do it unless you don't mind being used and maybe scarred for life. All guys want that are that much older than you is as much pussy as they can get. Unless you really trust this guy which I think would be a stupid move. Think about this, he works at a gym as a physical trainer, he sees probably a hundred girls a day. do you think you are the only one he's after? I doubt it.

i hope I didn't offend you just trying to help out.

• Thanks that really did help

i guess ill just be on guard every second I'm with him and if something goes on that's not suppose to, ill leave his sorry ass

thanks again!

What Guys Said 4

• Well, the age gap is not much of a difference; is not like he is 25 and you're 16; the problem is that I guess he could be breaking the law if you were to have sex,and then your parents found out, etc.

When I was in college I was 22, I met a few girls at the clubs that were 18 and up; a lot of them were 15, 16 and you could have never guessed.anyway, at the time although I was 22, I looked 18, so I had a few dates with these gals, and well, mentally we were not compatible because they were still in their high school mode and I was on my, 'i graduated from college, I need to get a job mode' so it didn't work out at the mental level; at the physical level----well, that's another story! :D

• I wouldn't give him a chance.

He is out living an awesome life!

You. are still in highschool.

It would be tough trying to do things with him. he is almost 21 so I'm sure he is drinking a lot.

some1 who is 16 shouldn't be datin somebody four years older than them.

Maybe once they are over 21 the age gap shouldn't matter.

• well there's a 4 year age gap between you and him. not to big of a age gap. i do gotta agree for you to be careful, cuz he can just get with you cuz your young. but, you know..., on the other hand, he just might want simply be really good friends with you. yeah it can work tho, but please be very careful. but like how does he act towards you? like just whatevers? or like just a nice friendship type thing? or is he like very affectionate to you?

• Honestly he only wants sex and given his age he is a complete loser in my opinion. No guy that age should do that. When I was his age I had already been through boot camp, in college and dating my future wife.

What Girls Said 4

• Right now I don't think it's a good idea at all. He's 20.practically 21. I think that if you were to wait until you got older it would be better. You're in high school.he's considered an adult. To me the age gap isn't so bad the older you get. Say if you were 23 and he was 27 that would be great. But as of right now, it's just too significant.

• The problem is he should know better. You are not even 18 yet so if you guys were to hook and sleep together it would be statutory rape. Its cool just hang out but being he is older as you being under 18 he could take advantage of you. When you are 18 an adult you are capable of making decisions like that. he will be by than 22. Just saying that the level of thing is different.

• well be careful because its illegal but I did it and I was 15 and the guy was 24 we dated for two years till I finally had to break tings off for other reasons not being his age. so if you think its worth taking a chance go for it I live by these words ( life's a risk so go for it) hopefully I helped

• Thanks you soo much! its good to know that I'm not alone and that there's a chance it could

work out

• It is really weird to date someone older than you, especially is you're parents feel weird about it. But, I wouldn't say that I haven't had a crush on a professor of mine. He was a chemistry teacher. MMmm he was delicious.