What is the stupidest piece of advice you've ever received?

can be about girls, boys, life, the universe ...anything.

go for it.

straight question and please explain your answers.

Most Helpful Girl

• "Change your attitude, you should be more passive about some issues, go with the flow kiddo. Sometimes ignorance is bliss"

Enough said.

• Yeh I hate that

• Ok this is deep but one time I got a lecture from this girl at work

she said...''JC...MLK...X...JFK...RFK....emaline pankhurst...milk....even bruce lee... what do they have in common? they all died. all the people who tried to change things died.''

and I'm like: '' well no, but anyways...the point is imagine if theyd never existed. where would we be?''

the worst part is she was kinda my boss and female.

she would be in the kitchen wondering what it felt like to be a man and have freedom

• You're right. We should be grateful about people who sacrificed their life in exchange to our freedom. Plus, we should try and make the change which we want to see in the world by using every method we can.It's dangerous but it's far better than accepting everything which comes in contrast with our beliefs.We shouldn't be bounded in their form of conformity.

What Girls Said 18

• "If you pray to god all your problems will be solved" I'm an atheist so I don't believe in god, and the woman that told me this knew that.

I'm not bashing people who pray and believe in god, but come on I don't think every problem can be fixed by praying.

• Same here

• Its kinda like she's pimping her religion on the misery of others. when people say sh*t like that to me I just tell them I'm muslim. I'm not. but it shuts them the f*** up pretty quick.

• "Sell your soul to the devil: you shall gain eternal life and ultimate intelligence that way."

That sure as heck didn't work out.

• "You can trust me, take my word for it." HA! I don't trust anyone and I learned that lesson early in life.

• "You should really get the swine flu shot." My parents and the health care center at my college advised me to get the swine flu shot last year because there were a lot of people getting sick with it on campus and I was at higher risk because of my asthma. So I got it... and developed a severe allergic reaction to one of the medications I was taking. I was covered in hives for 2 straight months because nobody could figure out what was causing my reaction. I would have rather gotten the flu! A week or two of feeling crappy and that's it - but I got stuck with huge itchy red blotches all over my body for two months. There were a few times I had to miss classes because my eyelids swelled shut or my fingers swelled and got so stiff that I couldn't bend them. WAY worse than the stupid flu.

I am NEVER getting a flu shot of any kind ever again!

• "Only whores have sex before marriage." It wasn't really advice, but it was said to me, and I disagree with it.

• girls can make the first move- resulted in dating a few guys who weren't really into me

Guys like x,y and z in terms of appearance and personality. Every guy actually is different and I think I'd probably rather go out with someone who liked me rather than something different from me?

OH OH the worst. If a guy calls you beautiful rather than pretty or hot, he's really into you! *eyeroll*. Guys that have called me beautiful have been the most f***ed up of all...

• Sooo disaggree. you gotta let it sink in for the guy that he is been hit on. most guys aren't used to that. its like ...no ...wait aren't I meant to do ....no MAN!!!! SHE WANTS YOU (GREEN LIGHT , GREEN LIGHT!!!). I guarantee a lot of clowns were kicking themselves after they let you slip away lol :)

• If you ever meet the President, don't offer him the surprise gift of a firearm by whipping it suddenly out of your pocket.

• I think that's actually pretty good advice. I'd rather not get killed by the secret service.

• Ha ha its the imagery. ''here this is for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu''/.

• Lol yeah I'd get taken down. And my friends and I do some pretty stupid stuff so I guess I can see why she thought I would do that...

• " red birds fly with red birds blue birds fly with blue birds... " its like HELLO its the 21st century..

• I think that one is real similar to the "birds of a feather" analogy.

• Yeh I don't get political were I put my purple...lol. il stop. bad davy.

• I'm deaf and a couple of years ago I was walking around with my mom. We were talking when an old man came up to us and asked if we could speak. My mom and I actually can. She told the man that she couldn't perfectly and I told him I couldn't (just didn't have the urge to talk) so he said: ''Poor girl, you're so young. You should be able to speak. Go to the church over there and pray to God that he will give you a voice!'' I thought WTF because sure, I do believe in God and such but I don't believe that He could change people. They are born the way they are. Simple as that.

• My cousin told me that I should lower my standards when choosing guys.

• That one too. Wouldn't lowering your standards be cheating yourself? I think so.

• Tap...Tap...Ctrl C...Ctril V ....Saved. cheers :)

• The both of you are hilarious.

• Everytime I loose something my mom asks me where did I last leave it and then she always says "Then it should be there" like I lost my mind and started looking for something that didn't exist. >.> Didn't help me find anything

• "Personality is the most important thing,it's what on the inside that counts."

Not really advice...hell not even advice I've received because I've never asked a question that would *need* or receive that type of thing,but a lot of people throw that "advice" around like nothing.

Or

"Natural beauty is better,guys like girls who wear no make-up"

Again,never received that but a lot of people on here make such false claims.

Oh and "Love and accept yourself just the way you are"

I did receive that.I asked a question on how to lose muscle and some moron kept saying that after I told her that doesn't help me or pertain to the question.

• We prefer girls who look good while not wearing make up, cos with makeup on they will look even better, unlike a girl that always wears makeup so you know she's ugly under it.

• Yea you're right.That's why Maxim sure does glamourize the natural look

• I kinda disagree but you must have heard it a lot and it does sound like a slogan. I guess that's why it was irritating. imagine the first dude who ever said it tho. he must have go awwwwwwws. lol

• "If you see me naked, you'll feel like less of a woman"

totally the oppisite lol

• Wait, what?

• Lol my aunt told me that wen I was seven.

It means like, if I saw her naked then wen I wod grow up I wodnt feel like a woman since she's more woman than me.

It's complicated and of corse I didn't understand it til a couple years ago.

• the stupidestt advice I everr recieved was people sayin stop being conceited! wtf, I am not frickinn conceited just cause I think I'm gorgeous and hott how is that conceitedd.

• Just go ahead & have sex, it's not that big of a deal.

• "Get a little uglier, that way guys won't go for you just for your looks and you might actually find someone who's sincere."

WTF MAN?

• "all guys are idiots, don't ever fall for it"

i completley disagree. Sometimes you come Across the guys that are a completee joke but then sometimes you xome across the really considerate guys that have a great personality and actually care about you.

• that guys love confident women who know what they want and ask guys out...bullsh*t!

this guy was interested in me and I was interested in him as well, and I waited and waited for him to make things official and I asked him out after weeks of flirting, and he said he's busy. fml.

• That is bull. most guys like to pursue girls, they like to feel in charge as opposed to being chased after by a dominant female. trust me... I learned that the hard way too!

• (fck word limits)

anyway, some guys do love women that aggressively go after what they want. however, looking at it from a girl's perspective, I would rather know that the guy noticed me, wanted to talk to me first, wanted to ask me out, etc. instead of the other way around.

• I agree, especially since I learned the hard way

What Guys Said 15

• "It's the thought that counts"

Bullsh*t, thoughts don't solve problems. Good intentions don't fix what is broken. Wishful thinking doesn't undo the past. The world is driven by men and women of action, who make their dreams reality. I don't give a warm bucket of p*ss if you are doing your best, I care if you succeed or fail, that is the only measure by which we should judge ourselves and each other

• It's probably not THE stupidest piece of advice that I've ever received, but it is frustrating nonetheless. Anything where people tell me to "just" do something. "Just talk more", "Just say this/that", "Just be confident", etc...If I could "just" do something, don' you think I'd already be doing it? I mean, since I'm asking for advice that obviously means that I'm stuck and having trouble with something. So why give a lazy "just do this" answer?

/rant

• I love it with its actually guys giving the advice to you. and they get this weird light in their eyes as they pull out their ''im a guy and I have a theory'' bullsh*t. bless em. ''so your alcoholic'' ''yeh man I'm multiple years sober''''how do you find it here in a pub''''im cool man don't miss it to be honest'' ''oh go on man just have one, youl be alright. you just gotta taje it slow and not drink to much.'' lol. no thanks bud.

• Or my mate the other day.

i told him some one atacked me on the train and I choked them out.

convo goes rugby v mma(?)

him: ''go on man try to take me down''

me: ''er its Friday night bud...im wearing white ffs''

him: 'go on man ...i got this great move I learnt in rugby''

me: ''nah man''

him: ha (pushes hard) ''dont be a pussy''

this continues

me: 'dude seriously, your drunk and..''

him: (slaps me) cmon puss...

him: on floor wth undisclosed dislocated shoulder ref***ed.

me: barred from pub

• "Be yourself". It's true that you shouldn't be a totally fake person, but there are almost zero circumstances where you should just be yourself.

• Perhaps people should change that advice to "Be your BEST self"

• Totally agree

• I kinda like be yourself and FTW but I guess on its own its a pretty stupid thing to say

• Telling my sister in law who was mad at me to mind her own business. I didn't take that dumb advice...fortunately!

• "Don't worry, there's someone out there for everyone".

Ya SURE! I'll just wait around and pray this f*cking stupid fairy tale happens! I mean afterall, I only got ugly fatass girls giving me all this needless attention and trying to get me to do stuff with them like it'll be worthwhile. And what the hell makes them think they have a chance with me? I don't f*ck walruses.

• it'll be alright, go ahead and put your hand in there.

• Be nice to girls and they will like you<-----lol

• Looking at vaginas will make you go blind

• Dont worry - at University the women are more mature and you will deffinetly find someone!

Ummmm...6 years later I'm still waiting...

• "If you're not careful, a hangover can last a lifetime." WTF

• I think it's a great advice, a deep one. Doing something stupid while your drunk can screw your entire life

• Filed under good advice man

• Just wait it out. You'll get a girlfriend eventually.

ROFL!

• Dont poke the bear!

• "you should let faith into your life"

• "So there's this girl that I--"

"Go for it bro!"

Didn't even manage to get out about the part that she lived 1000 miles from me... Stupid me actually took that advice... and got my heart broken :(

• It's better than thinking all your life that you may have missed the chance

• Deep. people don't ''go'' anywhere. they just do something else. remember that.

• "she's a great girl, you two would be good for each other"

• This made me giggle lol

im picturing a girl your family knows

who isn't exactly...well-kept ^^;

but they try to hook you two up anyway

• =)) ^ funny comments

• Lol. its was a sympathetic response. we all thought you got blind dated with a less than superhot chick. sorry you got your heart broke.