First Dates and Flowers?

I'm having a first date with a girl in a few days, and I was considering bringing some flowers when I arrive to pick her up. I'm just not sure what kind of flower to bring. I know there's a specific meaning behind each type of flower, but I don't know what the symbolism is and what would be appropriate.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup... I'd hold off on the flowers. On the first date try to inconspicuously find out what she likes (something random), then on the second date you can give her something small. It will mean more to her and make her feel like you were listening and care. Don't get me wrong, flowers are a sweet and maybe you can give her some on the 3rd date (hopefully) :) , but girls like it when guys are creative. Good luck!

What Girls Said 3

• No, no flowers please - on the first date- waaaaay too soon. It sort of seems like you're needy and it's cheesy anyways.

• I think you shouldn't take flowers. It's a little bit needy in some kind of way.

• yeah

What Guys Said 3

• One time when I was younger, I was going to get a chick flowers on a first date, and then I came to my senses and thought why the hell do I need to bring her flowers, I don't even know this chick that well.

So I didn't bring her flowers and then I asked her on the date if anyone brought her flowers on a first date. She say nooooo, that would be creepy, especially if it was just a first date, if he was a boyfriend then that would be different but a first date makes a guy seem creepy and trying to hard. Good thing I didn't get her flowers, and from that day on I never gave a chick flowers on a first date.

• Save the flowers for a later date. You're not expected to bring any gifts of sorts to the first date, just be sure to pick up the check and be a gentleman.

• SAVE THE FLOWERS FOR A SECOND DATE! Unless you really know this girl, bringing flowers on the first date may be a little too much and I wouldn't risk turning off a girl. (I would say that most girls don't expect flowers on a first date...in your age bracket) However, if it is a girl that you know is into you,all girls appreciate flowers and you pretty much can't go wrong with a multicolored rose bouquet from a florist.