Is it okay to text a guy first?

or would the situation be more favorable if you just made him text you first? this guy gave me his number in a message and told me to text him but I'm not sure if I should cause that might be considered "chasing" him :/ I'm a big fan of hard to get. what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• As a man I would say play "hard to get".

It is true we like easy girls, but NOT if we're

really interested on just ONE GIRL.

We love when the girl we like plays "hard to get"'

If we don't win it it don't taste the same, common sense

so I would say wait for the text, and you can see

if he's genuinely interested on you.

hope this works for you

take care

ciao!

What Guys Said 4

• Its only a message lol if you like him text him... a message isn't exactly playing hard to get and will just make it seem liked you're not interested. If I a gave a girl my number it means I like her and pretty much any guy would unless he is trying to be a player loool

• if you like him even if you like to play hard to get you should text him because that sends the messege to him that you want to talk..

• lol..it should of been the other way around..he should of askk for YOUR number and You should of told him to text anywayz asnwer my question link

• That's what I'm sayin! so I don't really know what he's thinking, when he gives me his number instead :/

• Text him just say what's up or what are you up too?

What Girls Said 4

• ...Go for it and text him first in a friendly way..There is nothing wrong with it, it doesn't really give the impression that you're chasing him.Plus, he was the one who gave you the number and asked you to text him.

Personally I wouldn't do it though to be honest.I'm too shy to take the initiative even in texts.I feel like I'm gonna bother the other person.

• You could just let him text you, but what happens if he never does?

Go for it, just text "hey, what's up?"

there's no harm in a friendly greeting.

• Go ahead and text him. Take the chances...be friendly.

• yes they do, guys don't like to feel like they are being clingy or desperate, needy