Kissing on First Date?

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't really like to kiss on the first date. Do you expect it? What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm completely inexperienced, but I wouldn't do it anyway simply because it puts some confirmation into an experiment that may never happen again.

What Guys Said 5

• ...If I'm Paying For The The Meal, The Cinema, The Cab Ride Home + All other Expensive...

Your Having A Laugh If You Think That Kissing Is A Topic Of Debate!

Bitc*! I Expect You To Swallow!...And I Don't Mean Saliva.

• I expect a kiss by the end of the second date. not a deep, passionate french kiss or a makeout session ... but I expect a kiss.

I expect a second-date kiss mainly because I've had several dates with 'single' girls who weren't truly single. they were 'on a break' with a boyfriend, and weren't seeking a boyfriend or a even a fling: they were seeking a free dinner and an ego boost at my expense.

to me, a kiss by the end of the second date is a bit like a down-payment that proves she's serious, and not merely a window shopper.

• Agreed.

If a guy doesn't try to kiss me after the second date, I'm going to assume all he wants is friendship

• I always kiss a girl on a first date, every time I did I always got a second date. My rule always kiss her on the first date, if you do you have a much higher chance of getting a second date.

• I always kiss girls on the first date. If it doesn't happen, its because I'm not really interested.

Maybe its weird but I expect to sleep with a girl after 4-5 dates, I'm 16..

• A kiss on a first date for me would be my first kiss. I'd be like HOLY SHIT NO WAY! I wouldn't expect it.

What Girls Said 2

• If you don't feel comfortable kissing on the first date then don't. His expectations aren't any more important than yours. I've kissed on some first dates and not kissed on others. Kiss when you feel comfortable. Make sure to show other signs of interest though so that he doesn't assume you only want friendship.

• I have never kissed on a first date but I wouldn't completely rule it out. I can't see myself kissing a guy with tongue on the first date unless I knew him well before the date but maybe a kiss on the lips is fine. I don't think it should matter either way as long as he knows you had a good time and are interested. if he likes you and is interested in continuing to see you there will be plenty of time for kissing.