So I'm using a dating website to find women, pathetic?

I don't meet anyone new during my day to day, and I don't have any friends at the moment (sad right? ;) so I don't hit up bars on my own.

I've been using a dating website to get dates lately. Aside from using the site to introduce myself, it's been really successful and typical. Usually we'll set a date to meet for coffee after a few messages (I'm a face to face kind of guy). Its actually a lot of fun to browse and contact them, and it works out great.

But people are always weirded out by the fact that I'm meeting women this way. It's actually been a really positive thing for me, and I'm able to walk right up to other women now and talk to them without issue. And I'm not a shut in, I go to the gym daily and I'm in a coed sports league for fun.

So meeting online, is it still pathetic if you're a confident and outgoing person who just doesn't like to go to bars alone just to meet women?

As for the people that are weirded out, they are not the girls I'm meeting. They are the people I'm talking to about how I met all these girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Times have changed. The whole process is a little more risky from the female's point of view, but if she's cool with it I don't see why it's a problem. My only suggestion would be to not get so invested that you begin living an "internet life." A life where you completely overlook anyone in reality and only see potential when you're behind a computer screen. You may meet the right girl walking down the street!

As long as you keep it balanced then keep doing what you're doing. It's making you happy and getting you dates. People just need something to criticize and complain about when they're bored and/or insecure. Don't pay them any mind. The haters make you famous lol

• You know you raised a good point. I think that's why people are weirded out by it, they might think that I'm doing the "internet life" thing when they hear that I'm trying online dating.

But like I said, I'm not a shut in. The goal is to meet these women, and not after 5 months of talking lol. A quick conversation to make her laugh a little and to see if she's worth scheduling coffee is all.

What Girls Said 3

• Whoever is weirded out needs to shut the hell up and get a life. Don't they have anything better to do than be weirded out by your dating choices? Sounds like someone's jealous they're not getting as many dates as you.

• I don't do it, and I don't think it's ever pathetic. Some people are busy, some people are shy.. it's 2010 - it's just how some people date. I think it can be dangerous at times if you don't do it the right way but other than that, do what you want, the way you want to do it.

• I'm not a fan of online dating personally, just because I don't like the formality of it. But if it works for you, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it

What Guys Said 4

• It's not pathetic at all. About a year ago I joined a dating site after splitting up with my fiance, and it rocked. I could have dated a new woman every other night for the rest of my life, and as you allude to it does improve your easyness and confidence. I met one woman in particular who appealed to me in every way, and I've since left dating behind. Go for it.

• funny thing I just made a profile on a dating site last week. Didn't really think much of it, because I felt I would just be looked over like always. Well I already got 2 replys from girls who both sound very interesting. So is it weird? Hell no. Everyone wants to find someone and just because you chose to do it a differant way than someonelse doesn't make it weird.

• People are weirded out ? who are you referring to ? the girls you meet ? if that's the case it's stupid, because you met them online, so they're using it too. if it's other people in general, don't give a damn! because you told that it's been successful. In my opinion, there is nothing weird or pathetic in meeting girls via online dating sites.

• Not at all! Since I am a very shy person, I use online dating services for that purpose. I've been using https://irinadating.com for some time and managed to date several girls from there. It really works, and if you had some bad experience, it doesn't mean that you have to give up...;)