Dating a best friend - yay or nay?

My best friend and I have known each other for 8 years. We always had feelings for each other and confessed our feelings to each other about 4 years ago. Ever since then, we have put those feelings aside and dated other people. He has never hid the fact that he wants to be with me and that he is in love with me. We have kissed before and recently we hooked up. Lately, he wants us to be together more than ever. I have feelings for him too but am afraid that if we date, I will lose him as a best friend if something goes wrong. I have dated friends before, and they have ended badly. What do you think I should do? Leave it alone, or see where it goes?

Most Helpful Girl

• This happened to my boyfriend and I too. I've known him for a really long time, he was my best friend and I was his, when we found out we had a thing for each other we decided to just leave it like that because we were afraid to lose our friendship, after a while.. One thing led to another and we decided to try things out. To tell you the truth that has been one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. We've been in a relationship now for two years & even tho he is now my boyfriend he is still my best friend. We have this chemistry that some couples are missing. We have so much fun together. It's not the same dating a guy you find attractive & nice than dating someone who you also find attractive & nice but he also understands you, makes you laugh. He knows you, you get me? Te best advice I can give you is give it a try, you don't want to miss the chance & then wonder what if... You've got nothing to lose, if things feel weird when you guys date try to talk things out and choose the best for you two.. Afterall he's your best friend.

Good luck & I hope you take the risk, you won't regret it, trust me :)

What Guys Said 1

• What happened with this? I'm currently "involved" with my best friend but we are both worried to move to the title of boyfriend and girlfriend. Truth is she is amazing like no other and deserves a man like me with a lot to offer. I'm afraid to say but I'm falling in love with her. Let me know. :)

What Girls Said 1

• see where it goes... most relationships start on friendship, and most people end up marrying their best friend. the reason y most of your other friends that you dated relationships ended badly is because you both ended it badly, if you end it on a good note then most likely you'll be friends again, even if its awkward at first.