Has anybody ever had a friend for a couple years that at first you didn't like in a dating way but now you do?

There is this girl that I'm friends for going on three years. Its just now that I'm realizing how attractive she really is. Have I already missed my chance to date her?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but that's sounds awesome! I would love for something like this to happen to me.

As for missing your chance, not necessarily, but that really depends on the situation right? If you like her, maybe try making some more romantic gestures towards her. If she responds well, proceed. If she just sees you as a good friend now, I think you could work your way into her heart still. Just has to be natural.

Lol, but then that's the challenge we all face yeah? We have to make a lot of effort, but it always has to come across as natural. Good luck man, this is a really cool situation if it works out.

• Try not to be weird about it by the way, I mean clingy or doing too much. Really just try to do little romantic things where it's not awkward or strange, and work from there. Whatever you do you're going to have to put yourself out there, and I hope you don't get hurt. But I figure you only live once, so f***ing it :) Go for it.

• Ahem, f*** it.*

• I agree. Unless she's your absolute best friend, if you feel it is worth it, go for it. In life you have to take chances. Honestly, I don't talk to some of my girl friends from high school anyway. And after college, you will probably lose touch with even more friends. Happens to everyone. Just try to be subtle at first.

What Girls Said 7

• I think you should Really consider it. I've dated one of my best friends,it was great and we stayed good friends. I've also dated friends when it hasn't turned out well since we don't even say hi anymore. You haven't 'missed your chance', but you should really consider what's worth it in the end. If you're willing to take the risk and you think even if you break up you'll always be friends, I say go for it.

• My current boyfriend and I started out this way... :) You haven't missed your chance as long as she hasn't put you in the "just friends" category forever. You'll just have to see if she likes you as more than a friend in any way. Watch her behavior and how she acts around you. Is she always happy to see you? Does she tease you? If you're unsure, or have even the slightest hint, you might want to consider asking her. The worst she can say is no, and even then at least you'll know where you stand.

• im in the same situation!

he knows I like him but he doesn't want someone right now :/ and he won't talk to me via text/facebook so I hope we can still be friends and he'll talk when we see each other at school

everyone has a chance by the way you never know you might be lucky!

"love is friendship on fire"

• Heck no. I like to be friends with people before I date them. Sometimes it makes me like them more or less, but usually more.

• not at all..there's always the chance to try :) go for it

• love is friendship set on fire!

you should analyze how she acts around you compared to other guys, and even try asking her friends to see what she thinks about you before making a move, because just in case she is not into you like that it will ruin the friendship making it awkward...

if you have a somewhat good idea she might like you too just openly and jokingly bring it up in a conversation, like 'sooo imagine we were an item one day wouldn't that be cool?' and see how she reacts if she goes "ewwww lmao" or "nice try" then you can get the hint she's not into you like that, but if she says something positive then you have a chance :)

• I wrote that in my answer but I hadn't read yours (love is friendship on fire)

just incase you think I'm copying haha

• Lol its all good xoxo :p

• Not at all. All great relationships start with friendship, or so I've heard

• I agree I think all good lasting relationships start with good friendships the best relationships that I have ever seen have been that of people who were good friends first I say go for it

What Guys Said 4

• No, you haven't necessarily missed your chance. You just have to start acting more like a potential boyfriend and less like a friend. Basically, that means taking her out on dates, flirting with her (playfully teasing her, etc.), and making moves. I'd advise against going mushy and just "telling her your feelings," but I think it's OK to make statements about the things you like about her every now and then.

I highly recommend this article: link I'm not affiliated with the author, but it basically lays out a great strategy for turning a "girl friend" into a "girlfriend". It's not guaranteed, but if you follow these tips, you'll dramatically increase your chances for success. Best of luck.

• Happened to me a lot of times. It's normal. Just keep in mind she might not like you the same way though. Start giving her small signals - if she doesn't respond in a positive way, then she probably just wants to be friends with you.

Also, it's important to look at how close you two are. If you're BEST FRIENDS, then chances are higher she'll consider you as a boyfriend. But some girls might not be able to see this at first. You'll have to show them though, or they'll see you as a friend forever. Show them you can be the man they're looking for.

• I experience that way, first I found her repulse , in the meantime passed three years and I have fallen in love her. Because she is just my seeking person. I found out it later .

Therefore You first know someone before you look at appearance of her / him..

I'm sorry my English is poor, I hope that you understand me..

I need to practice about it..

• I doubt you've missed your chance. I've fallen in love with women that at first I wasn't interested in like that. After you get to know them on the inside you start to appreciate what is on the outside more also, and before you know it you find yourself physically attracted where before there wasn't any sparks. I think it's normal and I'm sure girls are like this too.