How should I dispel the rumor?

Okay, so I have a friend at school who I went on one date with last semester. It never escalated to anything more. However, there is a rumor going around the school that she and I are boyfriend and girlfriend. I feel that this rumor might be detrimental, as she seems to be distanced from me when none of our other friends are around. Even if it is not detrimental, I want to dispel it. However, I am afraid that if attempt to dispel it by simply telling people that there is nothing going on between us, she will think that I am repulsed by her, which I am not. What would you say the best way to dispel the rumor is without making her look bad?

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm, I'm not sure what to tell you because I wouldn't know what to do either but just want to say props to you because you're aware of what simply dispelling the rumor might do to her. I don't think a lot of guys are aware of stuff like that often.

What Guys Said 0