Did I wait too long?

I've been messaging back and forth with a guy on an online dating site for a couple of weeks now, and he sent me a message late last week giving me his number. It was very sweet, but I didn't quite know what to make of it since I didn't ask for it. I really don't like having the ball in my court.

Then things in my life became very busy. I had friends from home staying with me and I had a huge exam that required days of studying. I finally messaged him back yesterday afternoon, apologizing for not texting or calling him, and explaining that I became very busy and wasn't trying to ignore him. I also gave him my number so that he could call/text if he wanted, but I haven't heard anything. I know he's gotten the message because I can see when he most recently logged on.

Have I blown it? Did I ruin things by not calling or texting over the weekend? Or am I just being overly anxious?

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think you have blown it, if it were me I would have understood and seen that by you giving me your number you were being genuine. I wouldn't call or text him it looks like you have now put the ball back in his court, he will probably call or text you soon he's probably trying to not seem overly eager. And yes I do think you are being a bit overly anxious, I have the same problem with girls and its best just to just chill.

• Thanks! I tend to over-analyze, so I'm glad to hear that I'm wrong this time.

What Girls Said 0