Is there any way I can text my ex without seeming like I'm a stalker?

The only reason he broke up with me is because he works too much. But I haven't heard from him since he sent the breakup text. After that I told him it was OK and I hoped we could still be friends, and he never responded. We got along so well and I miss him so much. Is it OK If I send him a text saying I miss you? What do you think I should say? I just don't want things to really be over. HELP! lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Seriously, Stricken's right. I initiated the contact at the beginning and just came off desperate. We went no contact and now he contacts me 3-4 times a week usually. Still I don't contact him- I don't think we're in the right place yet. Also if you want him back, I'd guess about 50% of the time no contact and working on yourself does the trick.

What Guys Said 3

• There isn't a good way to text without seeming like a stalker in that situation. Give him his space for now. Don't call, text, or show signs of interest. 9 times out of 10, he will text you if you don't.

• no

• I don't think one text message is stalking. Are you sure work is the only reason he broke up with you?

• Yea. he does always work and when I'm with him, he always gets calls from his boss. I just figured he'd still try to make it work

What Girls Said 3

• Sorry to say but I don't think he wants things to work out between you, I mean he broke up with you in a text. I don't care what the reason, he should have at least called and talked to you or told you in person. How long were you dating?

• Only about a month. not long at all, but he seemed into it more than I was. He wanted to meet my mom and teach me how to drive. Long term things. That's why this makes no sense

• Well, just wait it out and see what happens. I don't mean wait for him, you should just get over him if he wants you around he'll make it happen. Don't go chasing after him like a lost puppy, distract yourself. It won't be easy, but its what you have to do in these kind of situations. :[

• fist of all..break up in a text? what a coward..if he can't break up with you face to face I don't see any reason why you would want to go back.

• uh yeah. Just be like hey what's up?