Age difference with the girlfriend.

Well, I've been dating this girl for 4 months. she's really my everything out of countless girls I've dated she's the most perfect and I'm 100% sure I'm in love with her. The problem is she's 16 and I'm 19. I'm worried that when I turn 20 and she's still a minor it will look so bad. I tell her this but she thinks I just want to break up with her. I don't want to break up with her at all but I have no clue what I should do. All our friends will probably freak out all of a sudden, her parents like me but people change. I'm ABSOLUTELY in love with this girl what should I do?

Should I force a break until she's 18? that is if she takes me back? haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't be so superficial. It's between you and her and not the people around you. If you really love her, GO on. There's nothing wrong with a 3 years age difference. Can you imagine breaking up with her then one day you'll find her dating another guy? oh I bet you don't want that to happen. If you are so in love with her don't let this petty issue ruin your relationship. Treasure her please! or else you might lose her and not find someone as special as her again... When true love even works for those with 20-30 age gap, why not for a 3 years age gap? lol at least it's much better that you're the one who's older and not her

• Thanks I just want to be happy with her with no problems, I talked to her about it and we are going to tought it out.

• Theres no way you're relationship will be perfect. Just accept everything and love her with all your heart. I'm glad though! I'm sure you're not going to quit :D

What Girls Said 2

• I kno this is a little late... Hahaha so how are things are you still with her?

• that is a pretty big age difference but like you said you love her, so just hang in there. but remember no sex

• I agree no sex!

• Well I've been trying that but she takes it as me rejecting her. and she feels bad like I don't love her and in turn makes me feel bad. she really wants to have sex with me and I'm trying to hold out.

What Guys Said 2

• Its nt adviceable 2 take break,well you love her and wouldn't risk losing her..

• This may not apply to your girl in particular, but it can get to a point where she leaves out of frustration. All it takes is a few more months of "holding out" then one bad week can flip things around quickly. From what I've read, she doesn't fully understand this situation from your point of view, and will almost surely make a decision based on her emotional desires.

Two more years of this? That is a lot to ask of a young woman who clearly wants to push things forward. All I can say is, make her happy.

• Thanks dude, but I'm not afraid of her leaving me or me leaving her.

im just wondering if we should take a break until she's 18?

• We are really happy and a great couple right now I'm just worried about the future haha.

• I totally get it man. Sometimes we worry about the future so much we forget that the real struggle is getting there. You seem happy, just don't worry about what other people think. Haters only wish they could feel the way you feel. Congratulations on finding love!