How do you handle a break-up?

Depending on how serious the relationship was, do you give yourself time to get over the "now ex", or rush into a relationship? Explain why you do either, and how you feel about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to sit about and mope about it. Biggest mistake, I always dwelled on it and I never felt better. As terrible as it sounds I'm with someone new pretty quickly, I just thought to myself why should I sit about crying, would that get my ex back, does this make me feel good? Will crying for months save me anytime in finding the person I want to spend my life with? NO. Only going out again will help progress that. I always look for people I used to like or that I'm certain I'd like, if I went with whoever it'd end up being one of those cliched rebounds that people go on about. I've dated amazing girls by jumping right into relationships. Some of my exs think I'm horrible for doing it, but seriously do they really want me to take it terribly and cry that they aren't still with me? How self loving are they! I'd rather forget about the idea of getting back with an ex (at that time at least) I mean if they broke up with me (they always break up with me, I've never broke up with anyone) I'd assume they aren't exactly going to come crawling back because I moped about over them for months. Sure I still get upset over being broken up with, but I try to move on swiftly.

What Guys Said 1

• "now ex", WTF? If you don't do exactly what comes to mind, you will never be happy.

What Girls Said 2

• i've done both and I have to say, the rebound relationship is great. I can spend time with someone I enjoy and feel loved and wanted while dealing with rejection. Then once I'm over the rejection, the rebound relationship is over and I'm OK with being alone again.

• i give myself to calm down after a relationship and after I'm happy with how I feel, I look for a new one. obviously I would be broken hearted if he broke with me, but if I broke with him, then I would be upset or even angry at him if he did something (the cause of the break-up). either way, I turn to my friends after a break-up, because they are always there for me.