Dating in high school? Yes or NO?

I'm debating whether I should start dating someone in my high school... I don't think I should but then it's supposed to be good for practice for the future... I don't think any results would be possible, since I'm planning to leave my hometown (BC Canada) for US in the future, and don't wanna break her heart. Furthermore, I've often been told that high school dating is really immature and materialistic. Not what I am looking for. Then again, I'm not very charismatic, so I thought dating a girl might make me more outspoken and stuff... Just analyzing this logically. Vote and tell me your thoughts :P

• YES Date in High School!
  • NOOOO DON'T DO IT!!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think people who start dating in high school have it easier, as they don't come in college with no experiance and thus feel a lot more pressure from society because they are inexperianced.

Tho only date people you want to date, don't date just to date.

What Girls Said 4

• If you like someone then I don't really see a problem with it. But yeah I think relationships in high school tend to be more superficial than with people who are a little more mature. But hell, some people never mature, and some do early...Basically just don't have a relationship for the experience...

• Depends what you want. Things you can do in high school are typically limited, there's more freedom in college and outside of high school. But it doesn't hurt to start getting acquainted with how to date.

• dating yes, long term relationships I wouldn't. I seen to many of my girl friends waste there whole high school experience on one guy and it never lasted. But sometime you get lucky and get a high school sweet heart but I have yet to see that happen.

• I think dating in high school is a good idea because you already start getting a sense of what you like in a girl and what you don't want in a girl. You should start off by knowing you will probably not get married to her and that you really like her and want to spend the time that you've got now together. It really all depends on what you want.

Best of luck!

What Guys Said 3

• If you meet the right girl it can be pretty good. Whether you do it or not isn't something to be logically analyzed too much. There's no reason to force it if you're not really attracted to someone. At the same time, if you're not open to the possibility you could miss a great opportunity.

• Your best bet is not to date in high school. Some alternatives to this issue are:

-Date someone from another high school

-Stay single and concentrate on school work, activities and such

High school dating is full of dramatic BS. Everyone WILL know your business whether you like it or not. There's no privacy in HS because everyone wants to get in on the latest gossip.

Wait till college, when people decide to grow up a bit.

• You'll probably regret it if you don't.