Is he interested or am I just a rebound?

this boy and I have been talking for a little while and he broke up with his girlfriend not to long ago.we don't talk about anything deep or too personal just keep it clean.it seems he wants to take it slow.or is he doing it to make her jealous ? or I have no idea.!? need help

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of people really don't believe in doing the whole "rebound" thing at all. You shouldn't doubt him. If you're already having problems trusting him then what would a relationship between the two of you be like?

I went through the same thing. The guy I was seeing was only a few months out of a five year relationship. We dated for over a month before he made any kind of moves on me. And even then, I had to initiate most of them. But I'd suggest not making him move too fast. He's still getting over that relationship and jumping headlong into another one isn't at all appealing to him. But to avoid being a "rebound" just continue to see him and don't push him. When he's ready to open up he will. And if you think he's a great enough guy to stick around for then you should take the chance and do just that. Worst comes to worst you'll at least have a great friend out of the whole thing, I know I do. Good luck and have a little faith. In him and yourself.

What Guys Said 1

• honestly, that's not a whole lot of information to try and decipher what his intentions are. I could be either from what you've said, but I find it doubtful he's trying to make her jealous over simply talking to you.

What Girls Said 1

• It could be a bit of both. It is common knowledge that the rebound so to speak never really lasts that long. He's probably not ready for a serious relationship but because of the breakup, he may have developed premature feelings for you. The fact that he can irritate his ex in the process of trying to hook up with you is a bonus. Don't get involved, but if you do, understand that this MUST be a lighthearted instance of cas dating. Don't expect anything too serious.