Taking her on a date when you are broke but you really like her

Guys if you really like a girl, would you make it possible to take her on dates even if you were broke?

I've been dating this guy for a month, but only went on one actual date. The others we spent at each others place. I ask him if he wants to go clubbing with my friends and I, or if he wants to go out to dinner. He says he wants to but he's broke, but I asked him so that means I would pay. Is he ashamed for me to pay? why doesn't he ask me first? If he really likes me why not make the effort to take me out? Is he lying, or hiding something? I mean he keeps talking to me even though we don't go places.

Most Helpful Guy

• Woaw he reminds me of me lol. I'm broke too lol and this is why I'm single. I feel like a looser when I can't take a girl out. I mean I'm jobless but I take 6 classes so I can finish damn college as soon as possible so I can start dating again NORMALLY. I have no problem meeting girls but problem is I have no cash and I can't take her out so what is the point of dating anyway. Hey let me ask you a question you seem like a cool girl. Does it really matter if a guy has a job with cash or without and he is broke even though he is handsome and nice?

• If he's handsome, nice, outgoing, funny, and there's chemistry it doesn't matter that much about money. What does matter is I wouldn't want to be taken advantage of, so we probably wouldn't go out as much, he would have to pay at least some of the time.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, could be that he's just shy and doesn't enjoy things like clubbing or crowded restaurants. Or, yes, he might be ashamed to have you pay for him. Guys have it drilled into their heads that part of being the man is paying for your girl's dinner and movie ticket and what not. Ask if it's really about the money if you're not sure he enjoys those things, and make sure he knows you won't think less of him just because he's broke right now.

• If a guy has no money there's not much he can do about that. AND by the classic guide whoever, does the asking typically pays. He probably doesn't want to ask you out because he can't pay, but still talks with you because he likes you. This is generally where he learns a hard lesson after you move on. Chicks dig money. lol

What Girls Said 3

• Some guys are embarrassed if they can't pay to take the girl out so maybe he would feel bad if you had to pay. You could tell him you have some extra cash and really want to go to a specific restaurant and would he please come with you... or mention that you 'won a gift certificate' somewhere and you would like him to come with you to spend it.

Maybe he doesn't like going out that much and just prefers to stay in. Let him know how you feel and tell him you would really enjoy it if he came out with you sometimes.

Based on what you have said, it doesn't seem like he is hiding anything major from you, so I wouldn't be worried or get paranoid about that.

Answer mine?

link

• You can go on a date and not spend money, ask him to go on a picnic with you or just a walk or anything fun that money isn't needed for! If he still says no loose him not worth it

• Hmm.

This is interesting.

A very close friend of mine dated a guy. They only went on one actual date and most of the time they spent it at his apartment. It turns out he already had a girlfriend and he was cheating on her with his friend, that's why they never went out.

I'm not saying that the guy you're with is in the same situation, but try going to a park or something buying him some ice cream. Little cheap dates.