Should I let my parents pick who I date?

I am 18 years old and still live at home. My mother says she forbids me to marry a black guy. Yeah, I know , kinda racist, but it's because I haven't had any pleasant experiences with black guys. It does sound a little silly, but should I let my parents pick who I date, be alone for the rest of my life. grow old live in a ratty house with birds and collect stamps. a total shut in with no life what so ever. , or let the wind and life guide me? Would it bother you if your parent(s)/guardian you couldn't date a certain group of people?

Most Helpful Girl

• You do what makes you happy. While family is important, and their opinion matters to an extent.. You're 18 now, and they have to let go and realize that they can't decide everything for you anymore. It would bother me if my family wasn't happy with who I decided to date, yeah. But I think that after a while, when they saw that I was genuinely happy and he was a really great guy, that they would get over it. I'd respect their views, but it wouldn't stop me from going about life as I choose.

What Guys Said 1

• Why would not dating black guys cause to to "Grow old live in a ratty house with birds and collect stamps. a total shut in with no life what so ever."?

What Girls Said 0