Got a girl's number, called her, she's taking forever to respond - what does it mean?

Hey basically I got a waitresses number a few nights ago and noticed we where both looking at each other. Went over to her and started talking to her she said she was glad I came over to her because she was looking at me the entire night. She gave me her number and I waited about 2 days then called her. Got her voice mail and left a message. She texted me about 30 min later saying hey got your message at work right now but what's up. Just texted her back that I wanted to take her out etc if she's free this week. she told me yes I am free these days whatever's good for you what did you have in mind. So then I respond back and say id like to go for some dinner then go to the carnival etc and I threw in a joke that would make her laugh then. It has been 4 hours with no response lol. Is that a bad sign already? I mean especially since we are setting up a first date? what do you all think help!

Most Helpful Girl

• 4 hours is nothing, maybe her boss caught her texting or there was a rush at work.Besides she sounds interested, don't be so quick to let yourself down. Give her a bit of time, she'll answer you back.

What Girls Said 2

• It's been four hours and she said she's at work. She's probably busy working or maybe she just forgot to respond. I'd wait until tomorrow, later in the day and just text her and be like hey how's your day going and see how she responds.

• She's at work,and is probably busy doing her job,stop worrying,if she wasn't enterested she wouldn't have answer your message! Good Luck!

What Guys Said 2

• She said she was working? When you are the one working and the other person is texting it is fairly difficult to reply. But when its your texting someone at work you assume they can respond straight away. Wouldn't say anything bad has come from it yet, first of all you have her confirmation that she wants you to take her out. So you shouldn't worry. Unless you gave a highly cheesy joke, even then it looks like she is into you.

• Dude if your not funny don't say jokes one joke can screw everything up