What does it mean when a girl says she isn't looking to date but then dates?

so I had been hanging out with this girl a lot and things seemed to be progressing quite nicely so naturally I said something to her about how we are together often enough that we should just date to which she replied she wasn't looking for a relationship. a few weeks pass and we get in some fight and the next thing I know she is making posts about her boyfriend. I realize it's probably not that she didn't want to date but that she didn't want to date me. sound about right or could there be other explanations?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 1

• Selected as most helpful

Chances are, she sees you as a friend and that's it. I would look into the boyfriend posts (on Facebook, I assume) and see if it's a legitimate boyfriend, or if it's a fake thing, like how girls sometimes refer a gay best friend as their "boyfriend" or be in a fake Facebook relationship with them. Ask one of her friends if she's really seeing someone. At the very least, you've set the foundation for a great friendship with her.

• I don't deny that we're crazy, but I know of at least 10 of my friends on Facebook who aren't in real relationships, but have a fake one listed on Facebook, either with other girls, or with gay guys. They also list fake family members too.

• Really? Girls have fake facebook relationships with gay guys?

God, women are insane.

• I would say it means that she either wasn't interested in dating you and didn't know how to tell you that straight out, or she really wasn't looking to date, but met someone who changed her mind (other than you).

• It was an easy way to let you down. It sucks, but you just have to get over it and move on.