• Ask
  • myTake

What does it mean when a girl says she isn't looking to date but then dates?

so I had been hanging out with this girl a lot and things seemed to be progressing quite nicely so naturally I said something to her about how we are... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Chances are, she sees you as a friend and that's it. I would look into the boyfriend posts (on Facebook, I assume) and see if it's a legitimate boyfriend, or if it's a fake thing, like how girls sometimes refer a gay best friend as their "boyfriend" or be in a fake Facebook relationship with them. Ask one of her friends if she's really seeing someone. At the very least, you've set the foundation for a great friendship with her.

• Really? Girls have fake facebook relationships with gay guys?God, women are insane.

• I don't deny that we're crazy, but I know of at least 10 of my friends on Facebook who aren't in real relationships, but have a fake one listed on Facebook, either with other girls, or with gay guys. They also list fake family members too.

What Girls Said 2

• I would say it means that she either wasn't interested in dating you and didn't know how to tell you that straight out, or she really wasn't looking to date, but met someone who changed her mind (other than you).

What Guys Said 1

• It was an easy way to let you down. It sucks, but you just have to get over it and move on.