Is it appropriate for god-dad to kiss god-daughter on the lips?

As above.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the context.

People express their love/caring for other people in different ways. Often it depends on how you were raised or your culture.

My mom's side of the family is Danish and they kiss everyone on the lips (but a peck, not a "romantic" kiss). I'm closer with my dad's side of the family who does not do this (they express love through hugging instead). Since I don't see my mom's side of the family very often, it was always weird to have my grandpa or my aunt or someone give me a kiss on the lips, but it was completely normal for all of them.

If it's not common for this person to kiss family or other people who are close to them on the lips, or its the kind of kiss you'd give someone you had romantic feelings for, then I don't think it's appropriate.

However, you didn't say how old this god-daughter is. If she's an adult and consents to kissing her god-dad on the lips for whatever reason, then I don't see it as an issue. They're not blood-relatives (so it isn't really the same taboo as getting involved with someone who is a blood relative) and they're capable of making adult decisions about these kinds of things.

What Guys Said 4

• Impossible to answer without a tone of more details. Some families kiss. Personally my family is more likely to beat you over the head with a shovel then kiss you, but that's families.

A friend still kisses his parents, both mother and father, and I find that... odd (he's 27), but for him it's normal.

Generally if it was a quick peck goodnight or something, then it's probably nothing to get worried about. If it was a lingering kiss for no reason then talk to the parents.

• Without details this can't be answered properly. It could be like a daddy kiss to his little daughter.

• The way you said that, sounds so wrong.. But so right.

• Yeah I know it sounds wrong. lol But I think people can get what I mean.

• Thats called Pedophile in America! However it is not wrong...thats just like family and its not intended to be sexual...but in political correct america that will end up in jail!

• Maybe in some cultures..

Western culture? He probably wants to taste her soft wet lips... Ahhh, I'm dribbling.

• Yeah it really depends on the culture. I don't think it would be thought of too high around the west though.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that if it is a quick, chaste peck on the lips then yes, if it is longer than a peck (more than .5 seconds) then it may be inappropriate. It also has to do with how close you are; if you haven't seen him in 5 years then it may be inappropriate, but if you are really close and have been kissing that way for all your life then it is normal. The most important thing is that the goddaughter feels comfortable; even if it was normal in the past, if it makes her uncomfortable, she should not feel more than welcome to request (or demand) that it stop.

• NO