Would you go out with someone with a completely different religion than your own?

would you go out with someone with a completely different religion than your own?

I'm a christian but I'm (church of England) I believe the queen is head of my church not the pope but ya see I would go out with a catholic no problem, my dad is a catholic and mum church of England but as a whole any "christian" or atheist even I would have no problem with BUT I would never go out with a Muslim, now that's not me being racist, I have no problem with them I just believe their views are too different to live with one another! I do not want to sound rude, or racist but I would like to know your views x

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure thing, religion isn't a deterrent for me, unless the gal was pushy in that her religious views were somehow better than mine. In that case, I'd leave her in a heart-beat. I don't care what your religion is, but don't force it down my throat, and I won't either :p

What Guys Said 7

• You realize of course that your religion split from 'normal' Catholicism not because the bible says anything about the monarch of England being the head of the church, but because some king named Henry wanted a divorce and the pope refused? Knowing that your queen's position as head of your church is merely the result of royalty abusing their power for personal gain a few hundred years ago, why do you acknowledge her as head of your church?

Personally I'm an atheist and although I'd prefer to go out with other atheists I can get along with most non-fundies as long as they don't try to push their religion on me.

• Yer I know all about Henry the 8th and his 6 wives I am a royalist, I love the royal family but that's my views and to be honest if my "fella" hated the royal family I wouldn't care.

• i wouldn't care about my partners religion, as long as they weren't a devout follower and contantly trying to convert those around them. I'm an agnostic aethist.

ps; its unlikely I would go out with an asian (middle eastern) not becuase I dislike their religion, just I am simply not attracted to that race.

• Anyone's faith or lack thereof is probably the most important individual choice a person can make for themselves. Something so profound defines who you are at your core, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to be with someone who shares those core values with you. I know a lot of people that won't date Christians. Living on the edge of the Bible Belt, my rather liberal friends tend to shy away from the rather conservative Christian base we live in.

Personally I am anti-church but have found that my core beliefs are not all that different from the Judeo/Christian/Islamic beliefs. If you look at my dating history it sounds like an international religious convention of exes: American Catholic, Hispanic Catholic, Wiccan, Greek Orthodox (In this case as practiced by Assyrians from Iraq), Atheist, Agnostic, Mormon, Non-denominational Christian. The list goes on. In each case I found that in actuality we believed the same things; we just learned how to get those values we shared in different ways. I don't have an issue living with someone or dating someone with even completely opposed beliefs. What I will not do is compromise my own beliefs for the sake of the other person. I am okay with confessing my sins to a priest - I will not convert to Catholicism.

• Religion isn't too much of a problem for me personally. I'm a Christian and my girlfriend is Muslim.

• i hate religion it turns folks into mindless idiots sometimes

• No,

It will be very dangerous for you to do so.

HONOR KILLINGS IN CHRISIANITY:

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom

you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to

him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with

tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

Honour killings happen everyday in the states and in Europe its just that they are referred to as domestic violence, even though it was for purely religious purposes

I don't want to disturb you more with what they do to non-believers

• ignorance hurts me so bad, I mean it causes me short head nerve strokes.

"but as a whole any "christian" or atheist even I would have no problem with BUT I would never go out with a Muslim, now that's not me being racist, I have no problem with them I just believe their views are too different to live with one another!"

An atheist is closer to you, than a muslim? don't you feel ashamed calling yourself a christian? if you were that proud and devoted to your religion then why would you want someone that does not recognise God? Not that muslims would want you or anything, but it just hurts to know such people still exist in this decade when info is offered everywhere. Have you read the bible? read the Quran? which one gives more strict rules? not to be comparing, but I'm just curious as hell to know how did you decide that islam is "completely different", you idiot. Another insult you have included in such a really short paragraph you have mangled above, what does a religion have to do with "Races"? Oh God help me. Do you realize there are more non-white christians than white christians? do you realize most of middle eastern people are caucasian? (what do you call italians, asians too?).

I apologize for reacting, but seriously, read, I beg of you, educate yourself about people one tiny bit more. If your "views" were made out of hatred then don't even bother.

• Ok I did go out with a Muslim and you should educate yourself RACISM is not just about the colour of your skin you freak! Here are some definitions I've found for you

racist - based on racial intolerance; "racist remarks"

racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others

racist - discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion

you muppet seriously oh and I'm not a practising christian, I believe in God and Jesus but I don't follow my religion as

• Im not bitter its a matter of fact! I have no problem with muslims on a general level just the ones who live in the western society who try and push views on us!

• But you just said you don't like muslims, do you read what you type above? why are you such a hater? and if you don't worship God and you don't practice why does it annoy you so much that others want to worship God? and by the way, I'm pretty sure that if a strict muslim wanted to teach someone about his "views" it definitely wouldn't be you, you're dangerous.

What Girls Said 5

• Religion is not an issue... But being a CHRISTIAN is for me. I was raised catholic and converted to Baptist when I got married, I felt ourkids needed a solid one religion to be raised in but to me It only matters that you both serve the same God because other wise it will always cause conflict in the long run.

Just like being with someone who has the same political views or same common interest, relationships just work better if you have the same core beliefs!

• I'm an atheist. I tend to have difficulty dating people with strong religious convictions. I don't mind if people have faith, but I really don't want to hear about it. This can become an issue in relationships. Overall, I prefer to date other atheists, but I wouldn't rule someone out just because of their religion.

• Well I'm agnostic, so I don't really follow any kind of religion. I don't care about the religion that a person is... it's not an issue for me and I think it's wrong to judge someone based on their beliefs. Just as long as if they don't shove their religious beliefs down my throat, it's not something I worry about it.

• i would but only if they don't push their beliefs on me.

• To be honest, I'm dating a guy right now that isn't really religious.. like he believes in God and has good morals.. nothing really else beyond that, but I'm very very into my religion. So, even though I love my boyfriend, I don't see myself ever being able to marry him because of this. I know that sounds aweful and most people think that if you love someone religion shouldn't get between you.. but when religion is such a big thing in your life it's not good to not take that into account, you know? I don't want to be preachy, but if God is important to you why wouldn't he be a factor in choosing who you're with?

Oh, to answer your question: No, I couldn't be with someone a completely different religion than mine.

• God never created a religion - people did! Yeah I know God told the prophets to write down their books but still a person wrote it not God. Religion never existed up until slaves and saviors...and tell me this what about people who fall in love with each other from different religions? God kind of sent them to each other - love is love - religion even politics should never play a role in love! You love him. he loves you. Period. As long as the both/either of you have a spiritual need...

• She asked so I gave my answer. I'm not saying that everyone will agree with it or that people from different religions can't fall in love, nor am I saying that they can't be happy together. I just couldn't be with someone who didn't share a love of God/beliefs. I'm not throwing my religion on anyone, and it's fine if you don't think religion is from God. Believe whatever you want but religion will play a role in who I'm with.