How many woman would ever date an alcoholic?

I unfortunately wasted a year with one - who STILL won't admit he has a drinking problem even though he spends 7 out of 7 days with a beer in his hand from sun up to end of the day - he chooses to not really work making up excuses so that he can do his carpentry work for hardly any $$$ from a friend whose house he is slowly working on -but mostly there drinking beer the entire day .. WTF I finally realized drunks don't STOP for anyone or anything it is there end all be all in life - WTF I don't understand addiction but it is NOT pretty and a recipe for disaster... What a lesson and a nightmare - and they are like sociopaths they lie so much - I think largely out of their drunkenness - AND it destroys the body... but they never seem to care - WOW... never again what do others think?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only people who would choose to date an alcoholic is yes, another alcoholic.

Alcoholism is a disease, which has been linked to genetics. Most alcoholics don't think they have a problem, however some do.

They have no direction. They are addicts because the alcohol fills a void in their lives. There body becomes dependent on it. They become attached to that relaxed feel good feeling they get when their drunk. It's a temporary fix for a larger problem. Obviously, they are not happy with themselves and the life that he/she lives.

The only way for an alcoholic to become stone cold sober is for them to realize that they have a problem. They have to be the people to seek out the help.

It's very sad because you have to think about all the money they are wasting, but also it's slowly killing them, too

I don't wish this on anyone. I would never expect a girl to want to be in a relationship with me if in fact I was an alcoholic.

Being around an alcoholic will only make you more depressed and less productive. You don't want someone in your life that is going to be detrimental to your everyday life.

Good Luck.

• Thank you very much... I never was closely involved with a person with an addiction - and yeah that guy STILL thinks he has no drinking problem. I even had to take him to emergency one Friday summer night due to his heavy drink and no food.. Its really say and I would NEVER waste my time with a drinker again...I told him before I broke up with him that I could NOT watch him kill himself. BUT he thinks its GREAT and surrounds himself with like people ONLY.. So sad.. Happily I moved on.

What Guys Said 1

• It's not worth being in a relationship with someone who has a drinking problem. If they have no intention of stopping, then it's best to look for another person because alcoholics are trimming away their future. They will effect your future too. Not worth it.

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't date an alcoholic because I know what it is like to live with one. My father is an alcoholic and when he drinks he is not the same person and he even insults my mother and my sister and I. They always seem to be right about everything when they know they are wrong. It is a good thing that you got away from that relationship. It is hard because you wish you can help them but if they don't want to there is nothing you can do. They have to seek help if they really want to change.

• I would never date a person with a drinking problem. And for that matter, I would not date a smoker.

If they can't take care of themselves, how are they expected to take care of someone else?

• i would never date one or someone who does drugs. those aren't me and I don't want to be withs omeone who is