How can I play dumb around guys?

Girls who do it get asked out more and loads of attention,being the "smart one" sucks,just means guys will ask you to copy ha,so how do girls dumb themselves down?

You keep blaming it on me being intimidating,but I've had guys "talk" to me and then go for the dumb girls.So I will act dumb if I want to

Most Helpful Guy

• Well to answer the question:

1) Just laugh at everything he says, and I mean everything!

2) Ask a lot of questions, which you will already know the answer to. As will everyone else.

But the real question is, why should you dumb yourself down?

I don't want to get up on a high horse or anything, but shouldn't guys like you for you, and not the image you think is what they want? Sure you might not get the attention of every guy in the room, but really, is that what you want? (I don't know, you might, am I'm not judging. Each to their own). I like to think it as a case of, quality, rather than quantity.

I like smart girls. I like girls I can have a decent conversation with, without it resulting in getting drunk, or dumbing the conversation down (arguable, since they probably think I'm the dumb one...). But what I am wary of, is girls that appear unapproachable. I've known smart girls that are unapproachable, because they give off that 'vibe'. But to those that appear friendly etc, by being personable, friendly, e.g. smiling etc, are the jackpot.

I suppose that's why guys talk to dumb girls more often, probably not because they're dumb, but that they're more approachable?

What Guys Said 11

• Don't be dumb I hate stupid girls and intelligence is a requirement.

• consider this? mating is about finding Your equal, Do You really want a dumb guy? Just be Yourself.

and You will eventually find a guy that can challenge You to a intellectual conversation :)

also remember You are probably dating guy's between the ages of 19 and 28 which are very difficult and challenging years for the male species :(

• even if your an "a" student in the class don't let on or broadcast it (how great your grades are)

you ask the guy by saying "i don't understand this problem can you help me ?" simple as that

• I don't really understand what you mean by "dumb" if it's just having no knowledge. then just stop talking. Breath through your mouth. And slouch. Shuffle you feet.

I don't get why you want that. no girl would be worth denying my intelligence like that. And I would assume no guy would either(I'm not gay so I wouldn't know) . If your goal is to just "get dated" your goal is corrupted and should be abandoned.

If a guy want's a dumb girl he really isn't much of a guy. Not worth the trouble.

• Playing dumb may attract attention, but it may not necessarily attract the right attention. You're better off being a blip on the radar screen than having everyone know you for your center of attention ways.

Don't be someone your not. Everyone sees through that and knows it's all an act.

• ...I take it that you don't care what type of guy you attract, then.

• Dont! nobody likes a fake.

• Men think dumb girls have a higher sex drive. Also, it's easier to get them into bed.

• You don't have to act dumb or dress slutty to get attention and get asked out. Get that through your head. Be friendly,nice,classy looking,not a "miss know it all" but don't be dumb either. My mom is incredibly dumb and it bothers me to the point that I wish she would die. In a nutshell, maybe you should try to be more like Lauren Conrad,Ashley Tisdale, Cassadee Pope, or Valerie Poxleitner.

• I'm not a know it all.and guys always pay loads more attention to girls who act dumb,so why not?

• Maybe in your area guys do that but I haven't noticed that happening around where I live and the places I've traveled to. And I'm pretty sure that the only guys that give attention because a woman acts dumb are the guys that are very shallow and have little to no respect for women. Paris Hilton is dumb and I sure as hell wouldn't give her any attention.

• Well the guys where I live do and they go out with those girls.I asked a question on here about guys liking dumb girls and even they said yes and that it's cute.

• Just be yourself? I'm sure you are plenty dumb enough

• That is the most retarded idea ever.

• As a matter of fact, I can't stand dumb girls.

• Thats pretty f***ing unfair, really.

What Girls Said 19

• Do not dumb yourself down. Unless you're looking to get taken advantage of by a lot of guys.

I hang out with a group of guys all the time at school and they make fun of stupid girls so much. They really just have no respect for them, and they just see dumb girls as an easy lay. Unless that's what you're going for, just be yourself and don't act like a total ditz who isn't impressing anybody.

• If you want a relationship with a guy to last longer, you have to be smart and be able to communicate with them on an intellectual level. If you want to be a notch on a bed post, dumb yourself down. Instead of 'dumbing yourself down,' try not to come on too strong.

• you should never dumb yourself down for a guy! its, well, dumb.

• Meh.You shouldn't care about what do guys want.You should start caring more about who you really are and who are the ones who accept you for being yourself.Only these kind of people are the ones who will give you courage, advise you and make you stay away from troubles.Just because in their eyes you are authentic and real.On the contrary, people who want you to be someone you are not, don't really deserve to be a part of your life, they will probably use you until they find other victims.The question is:"Do you really want to attract this specific type of guys?".Guys who like girls like that they are probably shallow and somewhat egocentric.Do you really think that you deserve that?As Xenophobia already said, don't be a person you are not just for the sake of satisfying other people.It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for someone you are not.

• Don't you ever try to change yourself to get a guy. If a guy doesn't want you for who you are then he obviously isn't worth your time. Would you rather be happy alone or unhappy with someone? Think about it this way those girls that act dumb to get the boys will spend more time on boys than themselves and end up not being able to support themselves and end up alone. They will be used up and thrown away. You on the other hand will learn how to support yourself alone and then find someone to share all of your success with. Boys aren't everything and if you're not you then who are you?

• Are you serious?Nooooooooo,you can't be.Is this just some troll joke?

In case you are though,why would you want to change who you are just to get some fookin guy to talk to you?If the guy can't accept you for who you are,say f*** you,smile,and move on.By "dumbing yourself down," you are lying to yourself and the guy that may fall for it.No guy,not anybody is worth that.And besides,some guys go for the dumb bimbos because they want some easy ass.But hey,if you want to be used up and thrown to the side like a used condom,then hey that's your choice. :I

• *facepalm*

You really want a guy who'd rather go for a 'dumb' girl?

• Listen,boys or men choose (DUMB) girl or women because they know they can have their way with them,meaning having SEX,that all they want! Young Lady, continue to be smart,because in the long run,you will be some wonderful man wife!

• wow. I'm not dumb and I still get asked out. actually guys like girls who can take their jokes and throw it back at them. guys like girls who can read their minds so they don't have to work too much to get the message across. almost like the girl thinking like a guy but still feminine enough to be sexy not clingy. some "smart"ones can be too intimidating that's why they don't get asked out. so let loose but don't stoop low to play dumb just to get a date. that right there is dumb.

• Trust me, it's usually the guys that turn out to be jerks in the long run who like girls who play dumb. If you want to get a guys attention, get to know him and what he likes and doesn't like.

• hahaaahaha.,

alright look, actiing like someone your not won't get you too far in life.

somee guys like the smarter ones, and personally I think dumb bitches are annoying.

find a guy that likes you for how smart you are . lol

//.x <3

• Don't do it! just be friendly, nice, and smile :) act optimistic...not dumb.

• I play dumb all the time with guys lol just laugh a lot and make random statements (not too random) just be funny and cute lol

• Just play dumb,play ditsy like you don't know or understand whatever it is you're talking about.Guys love it.

Apparently guys like dumb girls and not smart ones,so...being smart is useful in other aspects(career,school etc) just not getting a guy

• that's stupid. why would you want a guy that only wants you because you're stupid

• Don't play dumb. Men already have very little respect for women. Your just giving them reason to treat you like crap.

• Do a favour for yourself & be yourself.

• Are you serious you want to attract someone by playing dumb? why don't you just wait for the guy that likes you for you. I tried attracting a guy the same way but I ended up with a B and he had a C . I can't attract anyone by acting dumb. Actually guys sometimes call me stupid because I don't understand something

• the fu** with guys who want stupid girls! I wouldn't want a boy who wanted me to be stupid! you should be able to think for yourself, and any guy who doesn't see that isn't worth your time! the most common relationship advice that people give is to be yourself. and there's a reason for that.