I need urgent help... Advice?

Apparently I got a message from a girl on a social network site similar to Facebook, saying "I don't think we know each other personally yet, but I hope you don't mind that I messaged you...:) I checked out your profile, and I think you are sympathetic! And so if you feel like it, join us! Next Friday (this week) we're going to --place-- with my girl friends to party!..." "I'm interested in you" and etc. there were two messages.

so yyyeah I got this message, and this Friday is really closing up, and I have NO IDEA how it will go. I'm actually sort of afraid of it, and wonder if I should go or if I shouldn't. I haven't gone out to party before, and I don't even know how to party! Seriously! And therefore I have no idea what to expect, and so I don't know how I could qualify for the expectations that come with it...

So... What am I supposed to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Be very very cautious about messages like this. It could be a set up of some kind. If I didn't get the invite from a person in person, then I wouldn't trust the situation.

It could be someone trying to hurt you in some way. I'm not trying to sound paranoid, but don't you think its weird how someone would randomly message you like that?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Personally I'd go but would drive separate in case I wanted to leave.

If you can't bring yourself to go tell her you can't make it and invite her to another party sometime later? She said she was interested in you if she really is I don't see why she wouldn't show up.

• Umm, I'm the one invited, and I'm the one contemplating whether I should show up.